Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
calibre CBZ to MOBI cover problem on Kobo

Hi,
I'm trying to read comics on my kobo glo.
CBZ would be ok, but it can't handle metadata.
So i'm trying to convert CBZ to MOBI, wich is apparently the only other format that kobo shows without the status bar (pages numbers).
It works great, except for the cover.
I tryed to see why in the mobi file, and i found that even if the good image is specified in the <reference href="..." type="cover"/> tag, the kobo prefers to show the first image (00001.jpeg)
And the problem is that this image is not the cover... Even if it was in my CBZ. It seams that calibre gives his own numbers.
Any clue?
Thanks!

Last edited by stanlefor; 11-29-2012 at 05:01 AM.
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:10 AM   #2
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Well, noone for a hint?
Advert
Old 12-04-2012, 03:43 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Somehow arrange things so that the cover is the first image. This is clearly a Kobo Mobipocket rendering bug that you'll have to try working around.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 AM   #4
stanlefor
Connoisseur

I tryed to modify the mobi to have the right first image (cover), but as soon as i reconstruct the mobi, it changes...
Old 12-04-2012, 05:30 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't know why that is happening, but, you can tell calibre to send the cover to the Kobo devices when it sends the books. In the driver configuration, check "Upload covers for books" and "Always upload covers".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
I tryed to modify the mobi to have the right first image (cover), but as soon as i reconstruct the mobi, it changes...
Hmm... I suppose it would be possible to hack the mobi to swap the images, but that would also require updating the Mobi-ML. Urghh...
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote