Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Attempt to update JBL - REDUX

Well I tried to update the JBL to the new 0.16e and can't.

From previous issues with the move to 0.16 and the current error messages I am getting, it appears the flash memory is going bad. All I get are hardware errors and the system menu flash test errors out every time.

I guess I will be sending it back for repair/replace. It still seems to work, but I am afraid of the problem getting worse or missing a future update that I couldn't stand to be without.

Oh, well...
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Well, given the history of your JBL, getting a replacement seems like the best way to go.
You should not be having the problems you are encountering. I hope you get back one
like the two that I have, that have been no problem at all. It's too bad that it's happening
now, because the new 0.16 firmware is a noticeable improvement. You might want to ask
that they be sure that the replacement is running under the 0.16e or later firmware.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert