Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2006, 07:03 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Reader lock-up

Just had my first "lock up" of Reader.

I'd been reading a book on the SD card, and switched Reader off with the book still displaying. While the machine was switched off, I took the SD card out of the machine (because I'd forgotten what make it was), and put it back in again.

When I tried to switch Reader on, I just got a blank screen (ie it looked as though it were still switched off) although I knew it was on because the "Mark" button lit up blue when I pressed it. Repeated switching off and back on had no effect. In the end I had to press the "Reset" button, and that sorted it out.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I guess it's not a good idea to take out the memory card while a book is open on the card. Next time I need to take the card out I'll make sure that Reader is at its "top level" menu and see if that works.

Regards,

Harry.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:07 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yup, a number of us have run across it, the actual point of locking up seems to be more putting the card in while the Reader is off, and then turning it on. My guess is that it may be trying to index the card, but gets confused 'cause it's also trying to turn on.

It doesn't seem to care if you pull the card out while you're reading from it, it just dumps back to the main menu.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks, NatCh, that's very helpful. Silly me, thinking it would be safer to take the card out with the machine switched off, than with it switched on . I'll certainly remember that in the future.

Many thanks for the help,

Harry.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:26 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yeah, what were you thinking?

Seriously, though, it's more the putting in than taking out that seems to be the issue.

No problem, glad to help.

Last edited by NatCh; 11-22-2006 at 01:29 PM.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:36 PM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
It's the same with a data CD in a computer and a diquette in an old Mac. The computer searches for it when it's gone.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert