Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-17-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Kindle featured in Oprah's Magazine...

... according to this post on the Amazon forums. I going to head out and pick up a copy. I'll scan and post if it's true.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The pricing is wrong but it's there. I don't know that this little blurb will cause much of a stir but it could be wrong to underestimate the power of Oprah.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oprah1.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	14449   Click image for larger version

Name:	oprah2.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	14450  
Advert
Old 07-17-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

The Sony was mentioned in her magazine July 2006.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sony.JPG
Views:	483
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	14453  
Old 07-17-2008, 11:46 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
The Sony was mentioned in her magazine July 2006.
Did it do anything for their sales?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:49 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Don't know. I was e-ink oblivious then. Maybe some of the long timers have a clue. If the blurb was as small as the one for the Kindle, I don't think it had much of an impact.
Advert
Old 07-18-2008, 12:16 AM   #6
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
... according to this post on the Amazon forums. I going to head out and pick up a copy. I'll scan and post if it's true.
Quote:
The pricing is wrong but it's there. I don't know that this little blurb will cause much of a stir but it could be wrong to underestimate the power of Oprah.
That's it I give up If it is good enough for Oprah it is good enough for me, Now where is that credit card...

JJ
Damn Duck!!!!
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:19 AM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
That's it I give up If it is good enough for Oprah it is good enough for me, Now where is that credit card...

JJ
Damn Duck!!!!
I double duck dare you to order one!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #8
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
I double duck dare you to order one!
Patience young Padawan, Next you will be daring me to stick my tongue to a flagpole in the winter.
Seriously unless Amazon confirms the rumors I will get 1.0 (it better be all you say it is or I am coming to SOcal and hunting Duck!)
JJ

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-18-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:03 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Patience young Padawan, Next you will be daring me to stick my tongue to a flagpole in the winter.
Seriously unless Amazon confirms the rumors I will get 1.0 (it better be all you say it is or I am coming to SOcal and hunting Duck!)
JJ
cluck Cluck Cluck!!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:08 AM   #10
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
cluck Cluck Cluck!!
I said Duck not Chicken!!! (different thread)

JJ
Old 07-18-2008, 01:11 AM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
I said Duck not Chicken!!! (different thread)

JJ
(wings flapping, chicken strutting.......cluck cluck cluck...........)
Old 07-18-2008, 01:37 AM   #12
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
(wings flapping, chicken strutting.......cluck cluck cluck...........)
Why do I feel a conspiracy is taking place...

JJ
Old 07-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #13
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Why do I feel a conspiracy is taking place...

JJ
Wow, you're perceptive!

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:08 AM   #14
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
Wow, you're perceptive!

Dreamer
Not YOU TO!!!!!!!

JJ
Old 07-18-2008, 10:04 AM   #15
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Hey, I'm just pointing out that your powers of deductive reasoning seem to be intact. I have not yet joined in on any clucking conspiracy.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!