Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #46
morningstar79
morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I agree, Creslin was almost enough to put me off as well. I'm glad you stuck it out to get to the Magic Engineer though, I LOVE Dorrin! At any rate, I do promise you are past the worst, and will be meeting more and more interesting characters once(if) you return from your break.
morningstar79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #47
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
That was a long time ago. I have read all of them multiple times now. My three favorites are Nylan, Dorrin and Lerris, of course.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #48
morningstar79
morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dorrin is my absolute favourite by far. Despite wanting to hate Cerryl, he makes the short list, and I'm finding the same to be true for Lorn. I do like Lerris and Justen, but Gunnar is my favourite from that time period.

In other amazing news, L.E. Modesitt Jr. has announced that he has just handed in a Recluce draft to his publishers called "Heirs of Cyador". Very exciting. I wonder where it fits in?
Old 06-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #49
morningstar79

http://www.lemodesittjr.com/category/what-im-writing/
Old 06-06-2013, 05:15 AM   #50
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar79 View Post
Dorrin is my absolute favourite by far. Despite wanting to hate Cerryl, he makes the short list, and I'm finding the same to be true for Lorn. I do like Lerris and Justen, but Gunnar is my favourite from that time period.

In other amazing news, L.E. Modesitt Jr. has announced that he has just handed in a Recluce draft to his publishers called "Heirs of Cyador". Very exciting. I wonder where it fits in?

Apache
Advert
Old 06-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #51
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
I just started Magic of Recluce after reading this thread. I'm enjoying it so far, although the whole "bored" thing seems rather odd. The main character is bored by everything. I'm not sure what to make of this from an advancement of the plot perspective.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #52
morningstar79

Ah, yes. I don't really know what to say about that without ruining things for you later on in the series. All I can really say is just keep reading, his boredom is certainly significant.

Perhaps Apache might have better insight to offer?
Old 06-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #53
Apache
Readaholic

I would say that his boredom is at the root of his problem and why Lerris was forced to go on a dangergeld. Most of Modesitt's books are slow in the beginning and are definitely worth the read.
Apache
Old 06-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #54
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Well, as long as I know now that there's a reason for the boredom bit, then it doesn't irritate me as much.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #55
morningstar79

You'll understand in time, and it's well worth it.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Ah, yes. I don't really know what to say about that without ruining things for you later on in the series. All I can really say is just keep reading, his boredom is certainly significant.

Perhaps Apache might have better insight to offer?
This reminds me of Thomas Covenant not believing in the Land.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #57
morningstar79

I haven't read The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, I suppose it should be on my TBR list.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #58
Apache
Readaholic

Quote:
I haven't read The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, I suppose it should be on my TBR list.
I tried to read the series, but realized it was not for me.
Apache
Old 06-30-2013, 04:49 AM   #59
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
I enjoyed this series enough to keep reading it. After the 5th or 6th book I kept writing in my reviews that "this is the last book I read of the Recluce" books. And now I've read through the latest
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #60
Apache
Readaholic

http://www.lemodesittjr.com/category/what-im-writing/
Next book, Cyador’s Heirs, is being released May of 2014. The one after that, Heritage of Cyador , is due out late 2014.
Apache