Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-05-2015, 07:18 PM   #1
Gui
Gui began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Amazon.co.jp will only send purchased books to "Kindle for PC"

Hi y'all.

I've accounts both at amazon.com and amazon.co.jp. At amazon.com buying books and sending them to the e-reader either by whispernet or via USB presents no challenges, but at amazon.co.jp I'm only able to send books to the "Kindle for PC" app. It don't think it's an IP problem, as I'm using VPN. Without the VPN I don't have access to purchase the books at all.

I tried copying the files from Kindle for PC folder unto the kindle itself, but I get an error message when opening the files on the kindle that way.

Btw I own a paperwhite 2 if that makes any difference.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Gui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #2
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Because the Japanese site is completely separate from other Amazon sites, I'd guess it means your Kindle is registered on Amazon.com and not co.jp and therefore you can only use Kindle for PC on the Japanese site and don't get the option to send books from there to your Kindle. I think you will need to look at Apprentice Alf's blog to learn about DRM removal if you want to be able to read those books downloaded via Kindle for PC on your Kindle.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2015, 04:37 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
And some books willo only go to a particular reading app like KindleCloud reader. I've noticed that myself here in the U.S.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:49 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
And some books willo only go to a particular reading app like KindleCloud reader. I've noticed that myself here in the U.S.
It's only books with features like embedded audio or video that are limited to certain devices, and you're always told this when you buy it. That is of course because eInk readers don't support such features.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:05 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's only books with features like embedded audio or video that are limited to certain devices, and you're always told this when you buy it. That is of course because eInk readers don't support such features.
I have bought some comic books via Amazon (free ones) that don't seem to want to download to other places besides the cloud reader. I don't know if they had those extras included or not. Vook books have links to audio/video though I think and they download. Of course they are large and not all the feaures work on eink as you said.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert