Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 08-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
Barsoom

Any interest in the complete Barsoom series by Edgar Rice Burroughs? I have take the text sources from Gutenberg (US and Aus), converted to HTML, proofread, added m-dashes, etc. I'm reading the last novel in the series now, so I should have the set complete soon.
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenny View Post
Any interest in the complete Barsoom series by Edgar Rice Burroughs? I have take the text sources from Gutenberg (US and Aus), converted to HTML, proofread, added m-dashes, etc. I'm reading the last novel in the series now, so I should have the set complete soon.
On this forum: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12782
On Feedbooks: http://www.feedbooks.com/list/view/1
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Those are in MobiPocket, PDF, Sony, etc. format. I'm offering straignt HTML.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #4
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Those are in MobiPocket, PDF, Sony, etc. format. I'm offering straight HTML.
I have them in Plucker format on my PDA, but the HTML source I converted from left somewhat to be desired, and I didn't have the time to clean it up. If you have cleaned up and proofread copy, I'd be fascinated.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:54 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Those are in MobiPocket, PDF, Sony, etc. format. I'm offering straignt HTML.
Please post the cleaned up HTML here. I'll grab it and see what i can do with it to format it for the Sony and MobiPocket.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2007, 10:26 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Harry already did these in LRF and Mobi formats but the texts did have a few problems. Along with The Lost Continent these were my favorite Burroughs' books.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:49 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't believe there were any particular problems with it, other than the usual minor "typos". Someone reported that "Skeleton Men of Jupiter" was "incomplete" but that's because it really is incomplete - Burroughs died before completing it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:00 AM   #8
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
The original Barsoom Harry posted is awesome. No need to do another. I am reading it (Interspersed with a million other books I'm reading. almost done with His Dark Materials now) and its great. I just finished Chessman of Mars.

Burroughs had a HUGE vocabulary and loved to use it lavishly. Its delightfully Anachronistic.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:59 PM   #9
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
The original Barsoom Harry posted is awesome. No need to do another.
There is if you prefer to read them in something other than MobiReader. (I use Plucker, and convert HTML for it.)

Harry's work is splendid and a valuable service, but one size doesn't fit all.

Quote:
I am reading it (Interspersed with a million other books I'm reading. almost done with His Dark Materials now) and its great. I just finished Chessman of Mars.

Burroughs had a HUGE vocabulary and loved to use it lavishly. Its delightfully Anachronistic.
If you want anachronistic, may I suggest E.R. Eddison's _The Worm Ouroborous_? Eddison was a Victorian gentleman who wrote genuine Elizabethan prose. Once you get used to it, it goes down like fine cognac.

It's fantasy: on the planet Mercury, the Lords Juss, Spitfire, Brandoch Daha, and Goldry Bluzco, rulers of Demonland, must contend with the evil sorcerer king Gorice of Witchland, who seeks to conquer the world. In the end, things come full circle, and the worm consumes his tail...

It's available in a number of formats including Mobi here:
http://www.munseys.com/book/7309/Worm_Ouroboros,_The
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #10
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
OoH! I have that one on my reader already... Now I gotta get to it. Thanks.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #11
jbenny
Addict

Since it didn't seem like anyone was interested in my HTML versions, I haven't been in a hurry to finish the last novel in the series. Now that there is some interest, I'll try to finish reading and proofing the last novel in the next few days. I got sidetracked with other projects lately.

The reason I do HTML is because it can be read as-is on most devices, or converted easily to any other format. Lately, I do most of my reading on my Nokia N800 in FBReader.

Last edited by jbenny; 08-18-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:57 PM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Since it didn't seem like anyone was interested in my HTML versions, I haven't been in a hurry to finish the last novel in the series. Now that there is some interest, I'll try to finish reading and proofing the last novel in the next few days. I got sidetracked with other projects lately.

The reason I do HTML is because it can be read as-is on most devices, or converted easily to any other format. Lately, I do most of my reading on my Nokia N800 in FBReader.
I'm sorry, I thought I had already asked. I want it. I would deeply appreciate it if you would post it here.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote