Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #106
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
The attached version of the Calibre plug-in hopefully fixes the problems seen where it fails to generate the file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugin_xray_generator.zip (13.3 KB, 426 views)
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #107
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
The attached version of the Calibre plug-in hopefully fixes the problems seen where it fails to generate the file.
Thank you so much! Tried it and it works. Everything's so easy now
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:44 PM   #108
Figan
Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
This is the first method that's worked: thanks very much!
Figan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:11 AM   #109
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Thank you. Where exactly do I have to copy the generated file? I tried adding it in the author folder but even if X-Ray was not greyed out anymore, I get "No X-Ray available for this book" or something like that.
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #110
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindleBunny View Post
Thank you. Where exactly do I have to copy the generated file? I tried adding it in the author folder but even if X-Ray was not greyed out anymore, I get "No X-Ray available for this book" or something like that.
Your Kindle should have folders with names ending in ".sdr". You paste the generated files in their corresponding folders.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #111
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
Your Kindle should have folders with names ending in ".sdr". You paste the generated files in their corresponding folders.
Okay, so I did that, but I get the same error, though the X-Ray file has ~114KB. Maybe it doesn't work for all the books? I tried to get it for A Game of Thrones...
Old 01-21-2013, 03:38 AM   #112
xtine
Addict

I tried it on a few books, and it didn't work for one either. Sorry can't help you out, today's the first time I've tried the plugin too
Old 01-21-2013, 03:42 AM   #113
kindleBunny
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
I tried it on a few books, and it didn't work for one either. Sorry can't help you out, today's the first time I've tried the plugin too
Thanks anyway
Old 01-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #114
Figan
Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
It had never worked for any of my books, but this latest plugin for calibre works for me on a book that wasn't working. If you see what I mean.

Are you using the Calibre plugin? What are the urls you're using for shelfari and wikipedia? I'm grasping at straws here, clearly.
Figan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #115
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Delighted to hear that at least some people have it working...
Old 01-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #116
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindleBunny View Post
Okay, so I did that, but I get the same error, though the X-Ray file has ~114KB. Maybe it doesn't work for all the books? I tried to get it for A Game of Thrones...
OK, I can see some potential issues with Shelfari's information for Game of Thrones which might cause problems. I'll try and take another look in the next few days.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #117
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Here's something which might help with the "Games of Thrones" issues. It's a bit crude but it's just intended as a quick fix for now. Probably best to avoid Wikipedia data and just use Shelfari for now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugin_xray_generator.zip (13.3 KB, 293 views)
Old 01-22-2013, 04:39 AM   #118
kindleBunny
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
Here's something which might help with the "Games of Thrones" issues. It's a bit crude but it's just intended as a quick fix for now. Probably best to avoid Wikipedia data and just use Shelfari for now.
I can confirm it now works. Thanks a lot
Old 01-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #119
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Great news.

If anyone's feeling brave, I've attached a new version which should (in theory) work a bit better. For example, on Game of Thrones, the previous version would have thrown away quote marks in names like: Eddard "Ned" Stark, or in descriptions like "Lady of Winterfell" - Wife of Lord Eddard Stark.

This new version should do a bit better, but I don't know whether the Kindle will accept the format I'm producing.

Feedback welcome.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugin_xray_generator.zip (13.6 KB, 386 views)
Old 01-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #120
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
I tried it - it created a working X-Ray file for me
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray