Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Paid $15 to remove ads, but still have to swipe?

I read here on Mobileread if you pay to remove ads you no longer have to swipe to open the KFHD.

I still have to swipe! It is not improvement then. I still have to swipe. I have the Amazon Kindle cover that wakes it up, but I didn't want to swipe anymore.

What is going on here? Maybe that was for the paperwhite, but still......
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I read here on Mobileread if you pay to remove ads you no longer have to swipe to open the KFHD.

I still have to swipe! It is not improvement then. I still have to swipe. I have the Amazon Kindle cover that wakes it up, but I didn't want to swipe anymore.

You are in good company in that regard!

I would like to see the swipe go away also or at least be an option to use or not!
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:

Do you mean the lock screen? Mine never had ads, but it's always got the lock screen present (as do all tablets I've had). It's a nice security measure (if you turn it on) to not allow other people to have access to your information, credit card, etc. Here's a link that explains how: Password Protect Kindle Fire HD Lock Screen
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The $15 gets rid of the advertisements on the lock screen, not the lock screen. What led you to believe otherwise?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The $15 gets rid of the advertisements on the lock screen, not the lock screen. What led you to believe otherwise?
Read here that if you pay to remove ads you just open the cover and your book is there, no swipes. It was the Paperwhite I was reading about. Shouldn't that be the same? I am looking for the thread that stated it now....
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Paperwhite is isn't a tablet, so no... I wouldn't really count on things being the same.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #7
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:

That's only on the Paperwhite, not the Fires. Even the old fires had a lock screen, just without ads.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #8
new

Okay thanks everyone. I just paid $20 to remove ads from Paperwhite and yeah just open cover and start reading.

Wish it was that way for the KFHD since I read on that too. Live and learn. Glad to be rid of ads anyway. Maybe that will improve my battery life too.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #9
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Amazon has a cover for KFHD that locks/unlocks the screen for you.

And Paperwhite still has swipe to unlock unless you use a cover that does that for you.

Kindle Touch does not have swipe to unlock, and it is a problem, especially if you don't have a cover. And it doesn't have a sensor to work with an 'active' cover. I set a one digit passcode as a workaround.

If you aren't using a cover, you definitely want swipe to unlock. Otherwise an accidental bump to the power button can turn it on and the screen will start responding to things in random ways as it rattles around in a pocket or purse.

Last edited by tomsem; 01-16-2013 at 09:54 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:43 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Amazon has a cover for KFHD that locks/unlocks the screen for you.
No it doesn't. The official cover for the KFHD only puts it to sleep and wakes it up by opening/closing the cover. You still have to unlock the device after you open the cover.