Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-01-2014, 04:57 AM   #16
VeryWellAged
Eye pea vee for master
VeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Android tablets, Android phones and PC's both Windows and Linux.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I've at least got the plugin working with calibre 2.x but still have one incompatibility to resolve. I've posted a version to the plugin thread.
I'm afraid I got lost looking for the plug-in in the plug-in thread. I could not find it. Can you give me the date it was posted and the title of the post? Thanks in advance for the help!
VeryWellAged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:33 AM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryWellAged View Post
I'm afraid I got lost looking for the plug-in in the plug-in thread. I could not find it. Can you give me the date it was posted and the title of the post? Thanks in advance for the help!
@VeryWellAged - here you go ==>> View Single Post - [GUI Plugin] Save To Format

Download the zip and install via Preferences->Plugins->Load plug-in from file

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:34 AM   #18
VeryWellAged
Eye pea vee for master
VeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavens

Many thanks!

It seems to be working. But is seems so fast compared to the speed of the individual convert in Calibre that I am really surprised.

Last edited by VeryWellAged; 12-01-2014 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Updated issue.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:21 AM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Many thanks!

It seems to be working. But is seems so fast compared to the speed of the individual convert in Calibre that I am really surprised.
@VeryWellAged - Doesn't surprise me.

I suspect the bulk of the work would be in converting the DOCX to EPUB (which is essentially XML to HTML). Given that code was written only last year, I'm sure Kovid Goyal would have applied all the lessons of the previous several years to make it efficient.

The transform from EPUB to AZW is presumably relatively simple because the calibre book editor operates on both EPUB and AZW3 books, and because of MOBI's links with the Kindle (lots of users), I would guess conversion from EPUB to MOBI is optimally efficient

There's always a lot of work in starting something and ending something, as a writer you would know this. Software's just the same; it has to gather and marshal a bunch of stuff before it can start, and then make it all ship-shape again when it's done.

Your thanks should go to avantman42, for reminding us of the little used PI, Saulius P for having written in the first instance, and PeterT for making it work with calibre 2.x - I'm just the tea boy

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-01-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:28 AM   #20
VeryWellAged
Eye pea vee for master

I just had a need to use this on a change in source material. The "Save to Format" did create new copies, but without the change from the source. So the date was new but the content was not updated.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:44 AM   #21
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
I just had a need to use this on a change in source material. The "Save to Format" did create new copies, but without the change from the source. So the date was new but the content was not updated.
@VeryWellAged - if the change of source material resulted in there being one or more "ORIGINAL_XXXX" format files, then I think they will be files that would have been used in the Save to Format. That's the way calibre works, if you don't need the ORIGINAL_XXXX format, you should remove it.

If there is no ORIGINAL_XXXX format file then, for me at least, you'll have to spell out what you did in more detail

BR
Old 12-19-2014, 11:03 PM   #22
VeryWellAged
Eye pea vee for master

Save to Format issue

I think I may have found my error. I will repost if there really is a problem.

Last edited by VeryWellAged; 12-19-2014 at 11:11 PM.