Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #16
colibri
colibri began at the beginning.

Device: M92
My pen is a thin Stabilo permanent marker (refillable so it can be unscrewed at the end). Don't you have any thin permanent marker? All of them which I tested would fit.
colibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:57 AM   #17
maman
maman began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
hi guys, what brand of pen do you use
I use "STABILO OHPen universal permanent".

http://www.stabilo.com/pages-au/prod...sal-permanent/
maman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 12:28 AM   #18
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
I don't get it, is M92 using some kind of proprietary stylus technology? If not why ain't there any OEM or third party stylus that we can buy for our M92 which comes with uselessly thin stylus?
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #19
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Thank you all for the brilliant advice
My stylus is 10 times better. I also used a permanent marker.
I modified the cap a bit so i can put the stylus within the cover itself
Here are the pics

Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:13 AM   #20
ioannis
ioannis began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by colibri View Post
Hi,

look how I pimped my stylus
In my opinion there is no need to spend so much money just for a thicker stylus without extra features.

It took me less then 10minutes ...

And the stylus is still removable without any scratches.

I tried to make a hand made stylus a STABILO OHpen universal but it doesn't work. I would appreciated it if I had some details.
ioannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #21
ioannis

Onyx Boox M92 Stylus

I tried to make a home made stylus using a STABILO OHPen universal but it doesn't work.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #22
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioannis View Post
I tried to make a home made stylus using a STABILO OHPen universal but it doesn't work.
What is the problem that you are facing?

P.S. I don't have STABILO pen available locally. So i can give inputs only if i know the problem in detail.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #23
ioannis

Onyx Boox M92 Stylus

I attach photosClick image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	973.6 KB
ID:	101253

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	951.7 KB
ID:	101254

I think the pen is not suitably shaped

Last edited by ioannis; 02-14-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: explanation
Old 02-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #24
Feher
Addict

In my opinion you should cut some portion of the front as shown here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...74&postcount=2

I did the same. I took 2 pens. With the first i got a rough estimate on how much i should cut so that i get sufficient friction.I cut the 2nd one very carefully bit by bit with blade. I cut till there were some inner protrusions/ridges left which held the stylus tightly.

BTW is your stylus stuck inside right now or you can get it out easily

Last edited by Feher; 02-14-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #25
ioannis

Onyx m92 home made stylus

Is your home made stylus working on Onyx M92 e-ink Pearl display?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #26
Feher
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioannis View Post
Is your home made stylus working on Onyx M92 e-ink Pearl display?
It is working very well. But why does putting a cover on stylus will affect its working?
The onyx m92 stylus is pressure based stylus. It works when the nib goes back inside the body of stylus. Is your stylus nib stuck?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #27
ioannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feher View Post
It is working very well. But why does putting a cover on stylus will affect its working?
The onyx m92 stylus is pressure based stylus. It works when the nib goes back inside the body of stylus. Is your stylus nib stuck?

Feher,

The nib doesn't go back inside the body of stylus. What about yours?

Ioannis
Old 02-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #28
Feher
Addict

Mine goes back (Note that it doesn't go back all the way.. only a fraction goes back but we can feel nib movement with our hand) and i think this is causing the problem for you. Probably something is obstructing it

I had experienced the same thing - It happened with me when i cut my first trial pen improperly which caused the stylus to stop working

Can you get the stylus out or is it stuck?

Last edited by Feher; 02-14-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #29
ioannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feher View Post

The nib doesn't go back inside the body of stylus. What about yours?
Old 02-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #30
Feher
Addict

Hi ioannis,
I answered it above already