Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-22-2003, 01:54 PM   #1
JSRunnels
Enthusiast
JSRunnels has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Samsung SPHI-300
Paypal for Turcic.com

I suggested this in another thread somewhere, but I thought if I started a new thread, we might build up a little enthusiasm...

I don't know about you (whoever is reading this), but I have gotten a tremendous amount of knowledge/help/support from this site. Alexander is responsible for the site as well as ~1150 of the posts. So 99.99% of the credit goes to him.

I would like to humbly suggest that Alexander put a paypal button/link on this site for unsolicited donations. I know I would be one of the first in line. I have donated to a couple of other sites this way, when I wanted to personally support them.

Please chime in and maybe we can get the modest Alexander to allow us to contribute!
JSRunnels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 08:33 AM   #2
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Yep, I agree 100%.
brahamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2004, 10:23 PM   #3
elvisfan
elvisfan began at the beginning.

Device: Palm tungsten t2
This looks like it didn't go over too well. I will bring it up to the front.
elvisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 04:16 PM   #4
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Alex put up a PayPal option: http://www.turcic.com/contribution.htm

Feel free to click away!
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 10:52 AM   #5
emceephd
emceephd began at the beginning.

Teaming Up

Hey Alexander,

I am happy that you have reconsidered and are going to keep this going in some fashion. You provide an invaluable service to us all and I, for one, appreciate it very much. Here are some ideas you may or may not have considered.

Have you thought of any of the following:

1. Having iSilo and other providers charge an extra buck or two to have access to your collection and community?

2. Working with iSilo and other providers to attach the collection to their download of the reader software?

3. Offering the PayPal link as you register for the forums? This way people do not have to hunt to contribute (I just did!).

Anyway, thanks again my friend. You are truly talented and deserve recoginition and, quite frankly, some form of payment.
emceephd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2004, 04:10 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
emceephd,

Thanks for your contribution

Quote:
1. Having iSilo and other providers charge an extra buck or two to have access to your collection and community?
Darren from iSilo has always been kind. He gave each member of the Turcic.com team a free license, and has always been quick in answering my questions. However, I don't think he would have been willing to pay anything for my "services". Well, I never asked, so perhaps my fault.

Quote:
2. Working with iSilo and other providers to attach the collection to their download of the reader software?
An idea. But I prefer to have people stopping by here to get the collection

Quote:
3. Offering the PayPal link as you register for the forums? This way people do not have to hunt to contribute (I just did!).
Good idea! I will integrate this in the new site I am currently working on! Damn, the list of to-dos grows longer and longer hehe. Again, thanks for your help!

Alex
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 08:16 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Today I received a PayPal donation, unfortunately, without knowing whom to credit for it.

So please, Stephen (!), send me a quick PM.

Thanks!

Alex
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote