Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Kindle w SO - $50 gift card w/ new Amazon Visa

I am VERY new to the Kindle SO - just bought myself one for Black Friday. So, I don't know much (anything, really) about how the SO stuff works. So, my apologies in advance if this isn't very useful for other Kindle SO owners.

I just registered my new Kindle SO a couple of days ago, and today while shopping at Amazon on my PC, not even on my SO (!), an offer popped up for Kindle SO customers only - at least that's what it said. The offer was for a $50 gift card for new Amazon Visa customers. I just applied for and got the card, and the $50 has already been deposited into my account.

Now, the thing is, I don't know, for everyone else, whether you can go look for this offer somehow, if you have a Kindle SO, or if you just have to wait for it to pop up for you. But, I thought I'd post it here, in case it would help others to watch or look for it.

One funny thing is that I DID have an Amazon Visa card several years ago, but hadn't used it in ages (like since maybe 2007 or 2008) and so my application went through as new and I got the gift card - cool! And now with the Kindle, I suspect I WILL use it this time, so their marketing didn't even go astray.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I've used enough of the special offers now to pay back about 1/3 of my Kindle Touch 3G with special offers. Haven't even had it a month! Even though it's a Chase Visa and Chase is not the best CC company I went ahead and got one for the $50 credit.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I am VERY new to the Kindle SO - just bought myself one for Black Friday. So, I don't know much (anything, really) about how the SO stuff works. So, my apologies in advance if this isn't very useful for other Kindle SO owners.

I just registered my new Kindle SO a couple of days ago, and today while shopping at Amazon on my PC, not even on my SO (!), an offer popped up for Kindle SO customers only - at least that's what it said. The offer was for a $50 gift card for new Amazon Visa customers. I just applied for and got the card, and the $50 has already been deposited into my account.

Now, the thing is, I don't know, for everyone else, whether you can go look for this offer somehow, if you have a Kindle SO, or if you just have to wait for it to pop up for you. But, I thought I'd post it here, in case it would help others to watch or look for it.

One funny thing is that I DID have an Amazon Visa card several years ago, but hadn't used it in ages (like since maybe 2007 or 2008) and so my application went through as new and I got the gift card - cool! And now with the Kindle, I suspect I WILL use it this time, so their marketing didn't even go astray.
Congratulations on your new Kindle. Hope you enjoy it.

That offer has been around for some time now and pops up every now and then; but thanks for the reminder. If you're interested, this post explains how the Special Offers program works.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Congratulations on your new Kindle. Hope you enjoy it.

That offer has been around for some time now and pops up every now and then; but thanks for the reminder. If you're interested, this post explains how the Special Offers program works.
Thanks - I think I like the Kindle, so far at least. Each of my devices has its purpose - I read mainly on my phone, which fits in my pocket, and which I have with me pretty much everywhere. It's backlit and small so it's also easy to read in bed. But I also like my Sony Reader for the long battery life and ability to read outside (shared, now, by the Kindle) and my Nook Color, which I can take notes on - it's rooted and serves as both a reader and a tablet for me. The Kindle sort of fills the same niche as my Sony - I may make one of them into an exercise bike reader, and then not care if it gets a bit of sweat on it. But, when I travel with all of them it's getting a bit unwieldy these days!

And thanks also for the link to the post - that helped with figuring out the SO thing! This was the first SO I'd seen that was of any value to me, but the explanation really helped. I had sort of figured that they might be tailored to me based on what I bought on Amazon, but this makes them sound more standard. Anyway, thanks again!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Thanks - I think I like the Kindle, so far at least. Each of my devices has its purpose - I read mainly on my phone, which fits in my pocket, and which I have with me pretty much everywhere. It's backlit and small so it's also easy to read in bed. But I also like my Sony Reader for the long battery life and ability to read outside (shared, now, by the Kindle) and my Nook Color, which I can take notes on - it's rooted and serves as both a reader and a tablet for me. The Kindle sort of fills the same niche as my Sony - I may make one of them into an exercise bike reader, and then not care if it gets a bit of sweat on it. But, when I travel with all of them it's getting a bit unwieldy these days!

And thanks also for the link to the post - that helped with figuring out the SO thing! This was the first SO I'd seen that was of any value to me, but the explanation really helped. I had sort of figured that they might be tailored to me based on what I bought on Amazon, but this makes them sound more standard. Anyway, thanks again!
YW

BTW, a new offer appeared today - a free audiobook from Audible. It's not exclusive to the KSO and it expires today, so be sure to claim it soon if you're interested.

Edit: since it's not an exclusive KSO offer, claiming it doesn't really matter. Just click one of the links available in either the KSO thread or a thread in this forum. The offer is set to expire 02 Dec.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-01-2011 at 05:35 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
cHex
Zealot
cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (K3)
If you do NOT have access to SO, you'll still get $40.
cHex is offline   Reply With Quote