Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
ltucci1924
ltucci1924 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: JETBOOK MINI RB
I got my new jetbook lite today for the second time

About 4 months ago I bought a jetbook lite and after a short while I sent it back. Well I just had to give it another try. After reading about lots of different ebook readers the jbl just seemed like the one for me again. I bought it at newegg for 130.00. I got it today at 10 am. I spent the whole day with it till about 10 pm so 12 hours straight.

First thing I did was buy a 4 gb sd card for 15.00. It came with 015 so I upgraded it to 016. It took a while to do this over and over till I got it right thanks to this forum. Then I deleated the internal memory books and put them all on the sd card plus some books I downloaded. I really like the weight of it and super like the 4 aa batterys. The batt. are still full after 12 hours of doing stuff with it plus some reading of course.

The only thing I can complaine about is the rotation only going 90 degrees so that in landscape it has the batt. compartment up top instead of on the bottom for a better grip. A rotation of 360 would be great. The screen is very nice and easy to read plus it is very portable. I took it to staples when I bought the sd card to check the card fit and put it in my small fanny wast bag to carry along with me.

So to sum up. Very light and small with real good screen and easy to use after short time of use.

Last edited by ltucci1924; 07-13-2010 at 10:25 PM.
ltucci1924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
It's nice to hear you gave the JBL a second chance. Why did you return it the first time around? (I'm just curious.) I am enjoying my JBL a lot as well.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
ltucci1924
ltucci1924 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: JETBOOK MINI RB
I returned it the first time because I thought it was slow and the space between the lines was to much. I also didnot like the no light in it. All these issues are now not so. I got colibra to format it and better lighting at my spot and dont exspect it to be a fireball in spead. I just think I am ready for the jbl now and am still reading it now after all day of use. LOL.
ltucci1924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:28 PM   #4
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltucci1924 View Post
I also didnot like the no light in it. All these issues are now not so.
Funny how most people who ask about the jbl when they see me reading it on the train told me they did not want a reader that had back-lit. The fact that it had no back-lit brings you as close as possible to paper book. Didn't think I'd ever see anyone complain about it not having back-lit. LOL
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltucci1924 View Post
I returned it the first time because I thought it was slow and the space between the lines was to much. I also didnot like the no light in it. All these issues are now not so. I got colibra to format it and better lighting at my spot and dont exspect it to be a fireball in spead. I just think I am ready for the jbl now and am still reading it now after all day of use. LOL.
Yeah, sometimes it takes a while to figure out what works for each of us individually. Glad it's working out for you.
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 12:19 AM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I hope you find your's to be as useful, as I have mine.

$130 from Newegg, looks like you caught it at the higher end of their pricing.
That's almost as much as I paid for my first one when they first came available
thru eReader.com. I also bought one as a gift recently for $99.99 from Newegg.
(The order showed a $30 promotional discount, so the base price was what you
paid.) You never know when or if those type of promotions are going to run, so
don't feel bad about the price.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:47 AM   #7
Seabound
Steerage Class

I just checked. The black JBL is now $125 instead of $130 at newegg. I wonder if this is going to be a new "regular" price.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:21 AM   #8
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
They sound excellent prices. My wife has requested another JBL to take to work. Sourcing one from Australia that is the best price is problematic.

It is a pity that a lot of stores that offer such prices do not ship internationally.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #9
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingenzyme View Post
Funny how most people who ask about the jbl when they see me reading it on the train told me they did not want a reader that had back-lit. The fact that it had no back-lit brings you as close as possible to paper book. Didn't think I'd ever see anyone complain about it not having back-lit. LOL
but the ability to turn on backlight makes reading in bed at night much easier ... or may be I'm used to those old Palm pdas.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #10
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Does anyone think that removing the books stored in the internal memory improves the device's performance in any way?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote