Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-18-2009, 04:53 AM   #1
pupeno
pupeno began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question Buying non-DRMed content

Hello,

Where should I go to buy non-DRMed content form my Sony PRS 505? I just got it, I'm reading my PDFs there but I'd like to get more books I can read there. I'm not even sure if the Sony Library has DRM or not.

Thanks.
pupeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:21 AM   #2
DanielCoffey
Connoisseur
DanielCoffey began at the beginning.

If you see the Deals, Freebies and Resources forum, you will find the sticky thread for new readers HERE

There are links to free book sites such as the Baen Free Library for scifi/fiction and Feedbooks for older books, among others.
DanielCoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 05:42 AM   #3
pupeno
pupeno began at the beginning.

DanielCoffey,

Thanks for the pointer. Free books are great, but I want some I'm sure I won't get for free, but I'd sill would like to get without DRM, if possible.
pupeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pupeno View Post
Hello,

Where should I go to buy non-DRMed content form my Sony PRS 505? I just got it, I'm reading my PDFs there but I'd like to get more books I can read there. I'm not even sure if the Sony Library has DRM or not.

Thanks.
You can buy books labeled as 'Multiformat' from Fictionwise, books from Webscription.net (Baen) if you like SF, books from My Bookstore & More (Samhain/Linden Bay) if you like Romance or Erotica. All these sell books that are DRM free in at least one format that'll work on the Sony and can be re-downloaded in another format if required later.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote