Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-05-2014, 01:18 PM   #1
Gimme Reads
Gimme Reads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 7
Kobo Arc 7 Setup/Update

Hi everyone,

I am attempting to upgrade to a Kobo Arc 7 from a Kobo Vox. I purchased the Arc7 recently, and when I attempted to set it up, had an issue that Kobo Customer Care could not help me with:

The Arc7 ran the setup, connected to wifi, and downloaded the update. Here's where I'm not sure exactly what happened, because I walked away from it since it was fairly slow; the Arc7 took me to the homepage, but it appeared that none of the apps had been downloaded or updated (either the download didn't finish, or the update was interupted). I'm getting the error message "Unfortunately com.google.process.update has stopped working." and when I clicked on the apps, it said it couldn't find them. I then checked to see if the wifi was on, which it wasn't, so I turned it on. It would then simply turn off. I received the same error message after all of these things. I then tried the following steps:

1. Fully charged the kobo and attempted to turn the wifi on.
2. Did a factory reset.
3. Reset the router and attempted to turn on the wifi again.

None of these things worked, so I called kobo support. The very nice representative took me through all these steps again, and then recommended that I return the device for a new one. I did, and am receiving the same error message after trying to set it up again, although this time I didn't make it through the setup, so I have no option to look at settings. That being said, I again tried a factory reset, but am having no luck.

My assumption is that our wifi connection is turning off at some point while downloading the update. I don't know what to do, and if I have to take this Arc7 back as well, I will probably not be getting another one, as the Vox and this one are turning out to be too much of a pain, regardless that I've already spent a fair amount of money on books with these things. Can anyone please help me out with this issue?
Gimme Reads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #2
Gimme Reads
Gimme Reads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 7
I'm wondering if there's a way to download the update file onto my computer and update through a hard connection or if anyone has any other suggestions.
Gimme Reads is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
arc, kobo, troubleshoot, update error