Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
revcp
revcp began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
2nd Kindle for family member

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere in the forum. I searched but could not find it addressed. I've had a K3 for over a year now. Love it. We are giving a K4 NT to one of our sons for Christmas. I'm looking for a few things configuration-wise.

1. Can I somehow put his name on the "Welcome 'name'" that appears at the top of the homepage?

2. Is there a way to selectively sync each of our devices so that my archived items show up for me and his for him? Otherwise every time one of us buys or checks out a book we would have to wade through the other person's archived items in order to sync what we want.

Hope someone has figured these out!

Thanks,
Steve
revcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, you can set the device name in the "Manage My Kindle" page of your Amazon account. You can't change what's visible, I'm afraid; all books that you've bought are visible to all devices registered to that account.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by revcp View Post
2. Is there a way to selectively sync each of our devices so that my archived items show up for me and his for him? Otherwise every time one of us buys or checks out a book we would have to wade through the other person's archived items in order to sync what we want.
I don't understand this question.

If two Kindle are on separate Amazon accounts, they will each have their own archives.

It two Kindles are on the same Amazon account, they will share the same archive.

The archive is tied to the account, not the devices on the account.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #4
jgumphress
Connoisseur
jgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
On your Amazon account when you buy a book you can select which Kindle to send it to at time of purchase. In other words, you can buy him a book and send it to only his Kindle. If you buy through the Kindle itself then only that Kindle will show the book. But the book is in Amazon's archive and can be sent to the other Kindle if needed.
jgumphress is offline   Reply With Quote