Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
PB 360 Does not keep new additions in folders

This just started this weekend, and happens whether I use Calibre or just load using my PC and Explorer. This is a PB360 with FW 14.2. I can load books onto the device using both Calibre and Windows Explorer. But if I move them from the root or load them directly into a subfolder, they show up until I eject the device from my PC. Then they disappear. For example: I load The Oort Perimeter into the root of the device. The book in its author folder stays there. But if I move the folder from the root to say my Sci Fi folder under Books, it is there only until I eject the device. When I eject it, the folder disappears from the Sci Fi folder. Nothing from before today has disappeared, only things I loaded today, thankfully only 3 books. I tried moving books on the device, but if I try to create a new folder, I get a message that the folder can't be created. In a nutshell: anything I put in a subfolder of the Books folder disappears when I eject the device. And I can't create a new folder on the device to move books into using just the device. Something is going on with my subfolders. Oh--I can open the books and read them, so the files are not corrupt.

Any ideas what could be going on?

Last edited by MmavisO; 09-05-2010 at 08:56 PM.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:59 AM   #2
kalle17
kalle17 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302, PocketBook IQ701
It looks like FAT table on flash card is spoiled.
You can try to run Scandisk (if you are Windows user) and fix flash card.
The other option is to format the card. But create backup copy your books (in both cases).
kalle17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But this happens whether the SD card is in or out. Do you mean to format the main memory?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
kalle17

Sorry, but in your first post you didn't tell where you have the problem. If this is inner memory you could still format it using built-in format utility. (Format doesn't touch system files, but deletes all user files and settings).
1) Make backup
2) Make sure that device is running on external power source.
3) Turn device off.
4) Press and hold OK button, then (still holding OK button) press lower big button and power buton. Keep holding all 3 buttons untill you see a message ”Flash test, please wait about 10 minutes...”, then release them.
5) When format completes, system will be restored to factory settings.
6) Restore your files from backup.

Last edited by kalle17; 09-06-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
MmavisO
Seeker

Sorry, kalle, you're right. I didn't make it clear the problem was on the device, not the card.

When I plug the device in(with no card to complicate things) to my PC via USB cable, turn it off, and hold down the OK button and while holding it down, press the lower big button and the power button, it just cycles between the bookland splash screen and off. I never get any message about a flash test. I remember doing this before, and everything proceeded as it should. But not now.Sometimes I get a message about running in safe mode, but never the flash test. What am I doing wrong? I've tried recreating the safe mode message in case I'm not pushing the buttons correctly ( I have problems with my hands; it's a possibility.) but I can't get the safe mode message using any combination of two of the three buttons.
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
"Always suspect the cable."
Can you try with a different USB cable?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:44 AM   #7
kalle17

2 MmavisO
First, make sure that USB cable attached to AC outlet (not to computer USB port)
Then, hold downt all 3 buttons and when you see splash screen release power button (still holding OK and lower big button) and wait for "Flash test" - sometimes it helps.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #8
MmavisO
Seeker

Kalle--thank you for all your help. That worked!