Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
foxxywith2xs
foxxywith2xs began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Unhappy [Old Thread] calibre not creating content.opf or toc.ncx files during conversion

Hi I hope someone can help - I drop a zip file full of html files into calibre and it is supposed to convert it to an epub, complete with a toc.ncx and content.opf files. Ive done it before without a problem - however with my most recent conversion it will not make a ncx or opf file with the epub, therefore i cannot edit the toc.

Ive tried making my own ncx and manually adding it into the epub, so even though the code is right in the ncx file, the links do not work. Does anyone have any ideas? Im really at a loss - I feel like Ive run out of ideas how to make it produce an ncx file and opf file.
foxxywith2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
look in a subdirectory, calibre *always* generates OPF and NCX files when creating EPUB
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
PFranklin
PFranklin began at the beginning.

Device: flip viewer
I'm in over my head, but can probably learn....
I have used calibre so that I could read a mobi file in flip viewer -- I got the opf but the file won't open -- just hands the program up. Any idea?
PFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
Points began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
look in a subdirectory, calibre *always* generates OPF and NCX files when creating EPUB
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm having the same problem. Which subdirectory? I've looked in every relevant one (there aren't that many) and don't see it. It's not in the zip file, the author folder, or the book-title subfolder. Kindle viewer and Kindle for PC do show a toc.ncx, but it's just not there as a separate file.
Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Points View Post
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm having the same problem. Which subdirectory? I've looked in every relevant one (there aren't that many) and don't see it. It's not in the zip file, the author folder, or the book-title subfolder. Kindle viewer and Kindle for PC do show a toc.ncx, but it's just not there as a separate file.
This is one reason you don't resurrect old threads. This thread is about ePub books, but you seem to be asking about some sort of kindle or mobi book?

I checked 20 random ePubs that had been converted using calibre and all of them had the content.opf and the toc.ncx files in the root of the book.

I believe Mobi files are different and the toc is actually located in the regular html of the book at the back of the book.

If your question isn't about ePubs you might want to start a new thread with an appropriate title and all pertinent information.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 02:09 AM   #6
Points began at the beginning.

Device: none
Christ, is it possible to post here without being admonished about something? I appreciate (most of) your reply, but I will never post here again. Enjoy yourselves.
Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Christ, is it possible to post here without being admonished about something? I appreciate (most of) your reply, but I will never post here again. Enjoy yourselves.
No.
It would help if you would:
read and follow the forum guidelines (links at the bottom)
read the stickies at the top of each section before posting in that section.

Have a nice day
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm having the same problem.
Moderator Notice
The thread you are posting to is well over 2 years old. There was an Old Thread Warning below your reply window that you chose to ignore. As a general rule necroposting should be avoided. When in doubt start a new thread.

The version of calibre at the time this thread was created was 0.7.8 over 129 versions of calibre have come and gone since then. The odds are you do not have the "same problem." To top it off this thread was about ePub books but your question referenced "Kindle viewer and Kindle for PC." So you do not have the same problem.

Quote:
Old Thread Warning
Quote:
This thread is quite old and may contain outdated information. We recommend that you begin a new discussion if you like to talk about a similar topic. Of course, you may also proceed and reply here.
Quote:
I was polite in trying to get to the root of your problem. If you don't want the help and choose to not post here again, so be it. I won't know one way or the other because beyond this thread you will be on my ignore list.

Good Reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oldthread.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	97790  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-16-2012 at 07:54 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, ncx files, opf