Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
Cactusgod
Enthusiast
Cactusgod has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cactusgod has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cactusgod has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
PDF Conversion Question

Hey all,

So I've been messing around with PDF conversions and I encountered one issue i'm not sure how to resolve.

"I went to the store to find some cheese and was quite
upset when I found this out"

So essentially, what happens is I've increased the unwrap factor to .5, making the sentences much better, and i've also tried removing spacing between paragraphs, yet the document stil creates these odd breaks in the sentences and then uses the rest of the sentence to create an new indented paragraph.

Is there anyway to potentially fix this? It doesn't happen with every document, so I imagine that its document specific, but I would like to know if theres a potential solution.

Thanks for any help!
Cactusgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
matthias
Enthusiast
matthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Hey,

I belive the option you're searching for is "Line Un-Wrapping Factor" under PDF Input in the conversion Settings. Play with it, and the results will become better, at least they did for me most of the times.
I think, .5 is default, but sometimes .6 or .4 works better.
matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
Cactusgod
Enthusiast
Cactusgod has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cactusgod has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cactusgod has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias View Post
Hey,

I belive the option you're searching for is "Line Un-Wrapping Factor" under PDF Input in the conversion Settings. Play with it, and the results will become better, at least they did for me most of the times.
I think, .5 is default, but sometimes .6 or .4 works better.
Oh, for some reason I thought it only went up to .5, I'll try a .6 and see if it fixes it completely ;p thanks.
Cactusgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
Sirkit
Sirkit began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 300
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to say thanks for your discussion on this, totally fixed a problem I was having as well. Cheers!
Sirkit is offline   Reply With Quote