Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2009, 04:59 AM   #1
Modern Bear
Modern Bear began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 & 700
Transferring from Main Memory to Memory Card

My wife has a PRS 700 and has put a lot of PDFs on it all semester. She also has made heavy use of annotations in those PDFs, I think ~1600 notes in total. With all the PDFs and notes, plus a few purchased text books the reader is now taking a long time to start up. Since she is done with the semester she wants to move all the PDFs and textbooks to a SD card, and keep the notes intact, in order to start fresh next semester with the main memory, plus hopefully have it start up quicker too.

I have looked at the reader software and have seen no way to do this, drag and drop doesn't seem to work from main memory to memory card. I also have Calibre and have seen no way to do this, plus if memory serves me right it doesn't support annotations anyway. My question is does anyone know of a relatively simple way to do this transfer, and keep notes intact (this is a must)? Would simply copying the entire file structure as is work?
Modern Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:16 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Using eBook Library, move the book from main memory into the library, and then from the library onto the memory card. That should certainly work.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 06:24 AM   #3
Modern Bear
Modern Bear began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 & 700
Thank you Harry, that worked and kept the notes intact.

As a side note, I did lose the tags I had put on them for her breaking them up into collections by class name when I transferred them that way (I used Calibre to make the tags originally) but I just created the same collections using the reader software and dragged the appropriate ones into the collections.

I don't remember being able to make collections using older versions of the Sony software, is that a recent addition or did I just miss that in the past?
Modern Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:40 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Bear View Post
Thank you Harry, that worked and kept the notes intact.
Great .

Quote:
I don't remember being able to make collections using older versions of the Sony software, is that a recent addition or did I just miss that in the past?
Collections were introduced with the PRS-505, so the ability has certainly been around since then.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote