Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
jpinatl
jpinatl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Unable to send books to my KF from Gmail via Calibre'

I've been using Calibre for some time without issue...

No changes have been made to my setup whatsoever.

I've verified that I can manually send an email from my gmail.com address to the @kindle.com address without issue.

When I attempt to send a book to the @kindle.com address from the @gmail.com address with Calibre, or when using the "test" feature, it fails with this following traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 37, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 114, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 108, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 630, in starttls
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 528, in ehlo_or_helo_if_needed
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 401, in ehlo
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 358, in getreply
SMTPServerDisconnected: Connection unexpectedly closed

Anyone with suggestions, please sing out.

Thank you,

John Stout
jpinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
jpinatl

Some additional Info:
connect: (u'smtp.gmail.com', 587)
connect: (587, u'smtp.gmail.com')
reply: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 2607:f8b0:4002:c04::6d (2607:f8b0:4002:c04::6d:587), NB connect error 1460\r\n'
reply: retcode (421); Msg: Cannot connect to SMTP server 2607:f8b0:4002:c04::6d (2607:f8b0:4002:c04::6d:587), NB connect error 1460
connect: Cannot connect to SMTP server 2607:f8b0:4002:c04::6d (2607:f8b0:4002:c04::6d:587), NB connect error 1460
send: 'ehlo Home.hsd1.ga.comcast.net.\r\n'
Advert
Old 05-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Disable your antivirus/firewall.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
jpinatl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Disable your antivirus/firewall.
That seemed to work! I'm using Avast Anitvirus. Is there any way you know of to set it up so I don't have to disable it every time I want to use Calibre?

Thank you,

John Stout
Old 05-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpinatl View Post
That seemed to work! I'm using Avast Anitvirus. Is there any way you know of to set it up so I don't have to disable it every time I want to use Calibre?
Set calibre as an exception.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpinatl View Post

Thank you,

John Stout
Follow the advice from AVAST on how to ALLOW a program or port.

Evey one does it different.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote