Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Clau
Enthusiast
Clau began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Can you change your FB status based on what you're reading from the KT?

I'm not talking about sharing a note or a highlight, but changing your Facebook or Twitter status about reading a book from the KT. I know you can do that via kindle.amazon.com but I can't find a way to do it on the Kindle.
Clau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Hmmm. At the end of the book (goto -> end) you can share/tweet that you have finished the book (at least on the Kindle Keyboard).

Not what you asked for, but maybe the next best thing.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clau View Post
I'm not talking about sharing a note or a highlight, but changing your Facebook or Twitter status about reading a book from the KT. I know you can do that via kindle.amazon.com but I can't find a way to do it on the Kindle.
If you are talking about 'reading status' (hope to read/reading/finished reading/stopped reading) then that has nothing to do with FB/Twitter. It is totally a kindle.amazon.com thing, and while you can probably get to there with the Kindle browser, it won't be pleasant to do so. It would be nice to see some integration between Kindle & kindle.amazon.com, if not Shelfari (which Amazon owns).

FB/Twitter is just sharing highlights/notes as you read, and as was mentioned, one last opportunity to post is presented when you get to the end of the book (which you can visit multiple times).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Clau
Enthusiast
Clau began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Hmmm. At the end of the book (goto -> end) you can share/tweet that you have finished the book (at least on the Kindle Keyboard).

Not what you asked for, but maybe the next best thing.

Best regards,
Andy
That's exactly what I was asking. Thanks.

Can you do the same when you start reading a book?
Clau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clau View Post
That's exactly what I was asking. Thanks.

Can you do the same when you start reading a book?
Doesn't appear to have that option. If you had a smartphone, you could take the few seconds to change your status on the phone before you delve into the book.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert