Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 02:23 AM   #1
AthenaAtDelphi
"Gnothi Seauton"
AthenaAtDelphi doesn't litterAthenaAtDelphi doesn't litter

Device: Asus Eee 1000H, BeBook Mini, Kindle 3 WiFi
Skins to make a K3 feel less slippery ?

I'm looking for a skin for my K3 that makes it feel less slippery .

These skins are not satisfactory :

1. 'Marware SportGrip Fitted Silicone Kindle Case'
Some of the 1-star reviews mention the fact that static is a (big) problem with this skin .

2. 'DecalGirl Kindle Skin'
This skin doesn't make the K3 feel less slippery , or like this 5-star review by Pen Name says : "The decal is matte and feels pretty much the same as the kindle feels, so you won't notice a difference in that area at all."

So my question is : what skins are available to make a K3 feel less slippery ?
AthenaAtDelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
ptofimpact
ptofimpact began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
For what its worth, purchased a skin on Ebay from seller mightyskins1 ...9.99 and is good quality in my estimation.
ptofimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I find that the matte Decal Girl skins are more than satisfactory for gripping the Kindle, but everybody's different.

This silicone cover seems to have excellent reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Purple-iPearl-...0574703&sr=8-2
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
all about skins!

and the matte skin from decal girl does make the kindle feel much less slippery
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #5
AthenaAtDelphi
"Gnothi Seauton"

Thanks for your replies , pidgeon92 and kindlekitten !

I just ordered the Matte/Satin Reverie skin directly from www.decalgirl.com :

I especially like the description :

Quote:
A boy sits alone on a hill under a tree, a silhouette’s shadow against the dark blue night, staring up at the magnificent shining moon with the realization that we’re all just tiny specks of dust when it comes to the things in the sky.
Stardust , that's what we're made of .
Literally !

Last edited by AthenaAtDelphi; 07-14-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenaAtDelphi View Post
That's an impressive looking skin. Really like it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

I thought the DecalGirl skins were little more than sticky backed paper with perhaps a thin vinyl coating. The one I had for my K2 a few years ago felt lke paper and reminded me of the stuff my mom used to cover kitchen pantry shelves. I guess they look good, but I cannot say they provide any protection and certainly don't add any grip factor. I think I spent longer trying to apply the darn thing than I did with it on the K2. I wonder if anyone makes a stick-on Kindle 3 back plate made of neopreme and that is about 1/8 inch thick? I've seen similar back plates for iPads.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #8
lifer109
lifer109 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard and now Nook HD+
they are thin vinyl. IMHO, the std back is much better than the skin. Skins look great, but the one I had made it harder to hang on to. I'd LOve to have a thick adhesive cover.
lifer109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
AthenaAtDelphi
"Gnothi Seauton"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer109 View Post
IMHO, the std back is much better than the skin. Skins look great, but the one I had made it harder to hang on to.
What coating did your DecalGirl skin have , the High-Gloss or the Matte/Satin ?