Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #16
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Given that the PB people here have been insisting in the PDF abilities of the thing, including videos like:

The fact that their supposedly "paid-for" review does outright ignore one of the most touted features lead me to a certain crossroad:

1) The review is not "paid by" Pocketbook, but rather an independent one with certain weird criteria;
2) Pocketbook's marketing department should be fired, because they're hiring someone to praise the machine and the sodding someone ignores one of the points that the marketing people stress most.
3) The PDF abilities are so bad that they've devolved from the first Pocketbook bunches, where they are quite good and probably superior to the rest of the comparable devices, so the "paid for" reviewer tries to ignore them and see if they can get away with that.

I'd stick by the first one.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #17
onesome
Connoisseur
onesome began at the beginning.

Device: GalaxyTab 10.1
O.K. The guy admits PB is the sponsor but insist he's giving his best to be neutral.Here is what is written about PDF support: PDF is completely readable on the big screen. How comfortable you gonna feel depends on the specific book or magazine. PB made a lot to make this task easier. Fast magnification, “reflow” function etc. You can magnify through the menu and you can divide the screen in 4 parts or zoom trough the cutting the margins, “reflow” for bigger text size.
Obviously the info is far from enough.
And by the way they give PB602 as a prize to most valuable users /4 or 5/ plus special price for registered /and active/ users.
onesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #18
twoflower
Enthusiast
twoflower began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesome View Post
And by the way they give PB602 as a prize to most valuable users /4 or 5/ plus special price for registered /and active/ users.
Hello, what exactly were you referring to with this? I don't fully understand.
twoflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #19
onesome
Connoisseur
onesome began at the beginning.

Device: GalaxyTab 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoflower View Post
Hello, what exactly were you referring to with this? I don't fully understand.
I've just mentioned it. You probably understood that this site is sponsored by PB and there is an active community in the forum. PB encourages the ones with greater contribution giving PB 602 as a gift.
onesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #20
Passepartout
Addict
Passepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX graphite
Have made some pictures there, please have in mind before you think about the display quality and make a vs. to Kindle DX(G) or other pearl-readers. This is to show how different the light in a room can show the reader.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=13
I work there on a little test.
Only daylight is correct to make a compare between two readers.
P.S. Sorry for my bad english
Passepartout is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #21
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
Have made some pictures there, please have in mind before you think about the display quality and make a vs. to Kindle DX(G) or other pearl-readers.
Passpartout, thanks (and thanks to google translate, too)
I am extremely envious!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:27 PM   #22
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Thank you Passepartout.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:55 AM   #23
dainys
dainys began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook G3-> PB 360-> PB Pro 902 (preordered)
Thanks Passepartout, we will look forward to see your photos and video of reader in daylight!
dainys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #24
Passepartout
Addict
Passepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-books

Please, I can write in englich too, but I find google made a good job.
When I read some of your mother language I have not much problems, thanks to google. And of couse google made a better job, as when I try to translate in english. That's so, as when wenn you write something in german

Have edit some times today. Hope that I can help. Would ever buy this reader again. For "reading" it is perfect. The reflow function for PDFs is wonderful but with pictures in the middle of text, that is bad. Have made a horrible PDF-file with openoffice - my testfile, some pictures around that text. In normal mode perfect, but reflow - I have not seen any of the pictures again.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #25
Passepartout
Addict

Please do not send me any links to books to test.
I only try Public Domain and self build pdfs. Thanks.

I will not test any kind of illegal books from the internet.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #26
Passepartout
Addict

Sorry I have made a mistake on testing my PDF-files.
Have not seen a big good function, in normal-view you can resize the complete document to fit in the complete screen.
You can zoom from 75% - 170% Between 110% and 120% fit the screen complete. That's cool.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:00 PM   #27
thdanh90
thdanh90 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Skiff Vaporware, Wireless Kobo
Now my heart is set for PocketBook Pro 902. Thank you Passepartout.
thdanh90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #28
Passepartout
Addict

I have changed the test. You find it between red and green text. At the same place.

I have only one file that I could not resize for fit the screen, it is a flyer from KMC for bicyles. The format is so bad, that I must click zoom moren than two times on my pc too.

Now I have nothing bad about PDF to talk. It's wonderful.
Yesterday I say "for students" is a not good because of pictures in text etc.
My own pdf-test-file wasn't good for me yesterday.

Now that I have find the zoom function in "normal view" I have no problems.
Hope that I can show you that monday on the video.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #29
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
I have changed the test. You find it between red and green text. At the same place.

I have only one file that I could not resize for fit the screen, it is a flyer from KMC for bicyles. The format is so bad, that I must click zoom moren than two times on my pc too.

Now I have nothing bad about PDF to talk. It's wonderful.
Yesterday I say "for students" is a not good because of pictures in text etc.
My own pdf-test-file wasn't good for me yesterday.

Now that I have find the zoom function in "normal view" I have no problems.
Hope that I can show you that monday on the video.
so essentialy you set once a zoom level and it remains the same for all the pages, right ?
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #30
Passepartout
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
so essentialy you set once a zoom level and it remains the same for all the pages, right ?
Yes it is right.

I will say to you all now:
"I will send my Pocketbook 902 white back".
But have post some pictures in the threat - look on page 5.

Have made a little test:
My 60W or 11 W energy saver lamps I has a gray display. Now go near and near my lamp, the display would be very nice, like paper, go back to 134cm or 1334mm from my lamp, the display looks very gray. That is for me how much light need this reader? That's to much for me, . Sorry.