Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
Clippings anyone ?

A forelorn hope. Do any of the Astak readers allow you to clip out passages from books (either purchased or made by our own fair hands) and copy them to a desktop in text format ? (like the Kindle, not the 10 characters only on the Sony Reader).

Many thanks.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
I do not think so, Hal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Hal View Post
A forelorn hope. Do any of the Astak readers allow you to clip out passages from books (either purchased or made by our own fair hands) and copy them to a desktop in text format ? (like the Kindle, not the 10 characters only on the Sony Reader).

Many thanks.
Hello and welcome, Hal.

I work for Astak. I have fielded a ton of questions but I do not know of this feature... to be honest. Maybe some of our other members know a way. This is an extremely smart crowd and they can get our readers to do things we did not even know they could do.

IF we knew more about this we MAY be able to address it with a Firmware Upgrade.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I do not believe there is any way to do Annotations nor "clipping".
For that feature, you would need a better point and mark device and a good input keyboard to name and save your stuff.
Maybe if one of the CES show (Jinke) devices gets the Astak name, you will be able to do this.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I do not believe there is any way to do Annotations nor "clipping".
For that feature, you would need a better point and mark device and a good input keyboard to name and save your stuff.
Maybe if one of the CES show (Jinke) devices gets the Astak name, you will be able to do this.
No way I know of clipping portions of a book with my PP. Don't think it would be possible (or be easy if implemented). Probably wait for a A6 or A9 to get branded for Astak. Then, you'd might have that option available.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
irenas
Zealot
irenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ reader
If you need to save your clipping would you mind to do it on your PC? Then you can organize it in files-folders and add to your reader. Just the thought...
irenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert