Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #31
Rob Ireton
organism
Rob Ireton is clearly one to watchRob Ireton is clearly one to watchRob Ireton is clearly one to watchRob Ireton is clearly one to watchRob Ireton is clearly one to watchRob Ireton is clearly one to watchRob Ireton is clearly one to watchRob Ireton is clearly one to watchRob Ireton is clearly one to watchRob Ireton is clearly one to watchRob Ireton is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Huzzah! I don’t think I would have bought my Kobo if Calibre hadn’t existed.
Rob Ireton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #32
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool yippie

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #33
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
I would like to echo the sentiments of many already posted. Thanks to Kovid and so many others for all the very HARD WORK in making Calibre a wonderful tool.

I know that my ability to really enjoy my ereader would be so much less if was not for Calibre. Congrats on 1.0!

chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #34
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I am one of those calibre users that is totally clueless about most of its functions and capabilities. Most of it is like a different language to me.
But I love that even for someone like me, its easy enough to figure out.

I just stick to the basics and hope nothing breaks on my computer, so I don't have to figure out again how in the world I got stuff like plugins to work.

So thanks to keeping it accessible to the simpler and basic users. I wouldn't know how to back up and properly sort my books without it.

Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #35
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Thank you to all the programmers, testers, and users of this magnificent piece of software. But, a heartfelt congratulations go to Kovid Goyal, whose dedication to his work has made Calibre almost synonymous with ebook!

Congratulations and may Calibre continue to get better in the years to come!!

jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #36
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Congrats Kovid & Team.
I HEART CALIBRE!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #37
glauber
Humble Keypusher
glauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 1 and 2, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad
Congrats!

Thank you, Kovid! And congratulations on reaching the 1.0 milestone!

Calibre is a vital part of my e-document ecosystem!
glauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #38
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I am one of those calibre users that is totally clueless about most of its functions and capabilities. Most of it is like a different language to me.
Serious question - have you read the manual on the web site? It's very well-written, and explains things clearly.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #39
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Kovid, thanks for Calibre!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #40
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Serious question - have you read the manual on the web site? It's very well-written, and explains things clearly.
Oh yes. Its how I figure out the stuff I do figure out. . I am pretty good at following instructions. But the things I am talking about is typing in these thingies to do thingies to the books. See, I don't even know what that is all called.
Its that the tweaking stuff? I am just doing basic stuff, colums (including color coding the thingies), tags, some plugins and I just hit convert. I don't do any fiddling with the body of the book file. That is something I don't even want to go there. But it works for me with the basics for what I use it. I am going to go to town next making virtual libraries.
Reading the blog on it now.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #41
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Time to make a new donation.
Thanks for all the hard work.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #42
Jdschi
Connoisseur
Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.

Device: Nexus 7.2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
So thanks to keeping it accessible to the simpler and basic users. I wouldn't know how to back up and properly sort my books without it.
Me too! I'm using Calibre close to a year now and use only the basic functions - but if I need something more advanced than that, it turns out that Calibre can do it too.

(so much that I devote my first post to you!)

Congratulations and thank you for your hard work!
Jdschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #43
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Time to make a new donation.
Thanks for all the hard work.
I'll echo this, as brilliant as ebooks are, they are made even better by the excellence of Calibre.

A big thank you to everyone involved.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #44
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Verrrrrrry cool. A big round of applause!

Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #45
Ntsimp
Zealot
Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD, Android
Up until this month, I never ever used Calibre for anything except converting to epub.
This month I started using it to add missing covers.
That's it. I always empty my Calibre library immediately after processing files in it and copying them elsewhere.
It's very useful for these things, but I haven't found anything else I want to do with it yet.
Still, hooray for Calibre!
Ntsimp is offline   Reply With Quote