Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #811
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
She's an autobuy for me. Mine was a pre-order and Blue Flame is in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I won the book in a contest and rec'd it as a gift from Amazon. My copy has Blue Flame in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedtea View Post
I believe Blue Flame as an included freebie was for pre-orders and early buyers (first week of release or so?) only. Maybe the description hasn't been changed to reflect that?
Thanks everyone! I've emailed customer support. My preference is to be given the file with both books but Amazon's solution is usually just to issue a refund. We'll see what they say . . .
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #812
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
On Sale @ Amazon $0.99

Dark Desires by Eve Silver
Gothic Romance
Originally published by Zebra (2005)

Quote:

Betrayed by those she trusted, penniless and alone, Darcie Finch is forced to accept a position that no one else dares, as assistant to dangerously attractive Dr. Damien Cole. Ignoring the whispered warnings and rumours that he's a man to fear, she takes her position at his eerie estate, where she quickly discovers that nothing is at it seems, least of all her handsome and brooding employer. As Darcie struggles with her fierce attraction to Damien, she must also deal with the blood, the disappearances ... and the murders.

With her options dwindling and time running out, Darcie must rely on her instincts as she confronts the man she falling in love with. Is he an innocent and misunderstood man ... or a remorseless killer who prowls the East End streets?

Bonus content: Never-before-seen Epilogue!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #813
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Anything Ms Hill writes has that flavor. She is known for humor. Her books aren't for everyone but if you are looking for something that is not to be taken serious and funny then give her books a try. I happen to like books that are crazy and hilarious to the point of ridiculous. I mean look at my Stephanie Plum addiction. Right now I am reading a paranormal that is like this called Beauty Dates the Beast by Jessica Sims. It had really bad reviews because some people just don't get this type of humor. I sure love it though. Nice stress buster for me.

We need a word for this type of romance writing....
I love these types of books, but I haven't been able to figure out how to describe them either. I read the second book by Jessica Sims - Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter - rated it a "B". My fav author for this type of style, though is Shelly Laurenston. She's utterly over the top and outrageous (too much so for many people , so you either love her or hate her).
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #814
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Upcoming Sale Alert!

From Crimson Romance Website:

Great news, Crimson Romance readers! This Monday, July 1, marks the start of our big promotion at Amazon in celebration of Crimson’s one year anniversary! All Crimson ebook titles that were published June 4, 2012 to June 3, 2013 (with the exception of our Kindle Daily Deal July titles) will be discounted at $1.99! And the promotion will continue for the entire month of July, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to load up that Kindle! - See more at: http://www.crimsonromance.com/featur....FPhgpS5x.dpuf
Old 06-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #815
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I love romances with older leads although they are few and far between. Usually if the woman is in her 40's, it ends up being women's fiction. There's nothing wrong with that genre, but my preference is romance.

I just read a fantastic romance where the leads were both in their 40's. It was fun, sassy, sexy, smart. It kind of reminded me of Julie James or Ruthie Knox. Best of all, it's only $1.99. It was published by an Australian subsidiary of Harlequin, although it's set in Los Alamos, NM.

A Basic Renovation by Sandra Antonelli.

This is Ms. Antonelli's first book, and I can tell you, if her second (due in Sept) is anywhere near as good, she's going on my autobuy list.
Advert
Old 06-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #816
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I love these types of books, but I haven't been able to figure out how to describe them either. I read the second book by Jessica Sims - Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter - rated it a "B". My fav author for this type of style, though is Shelly Laurenston. She's utterly over the top and outrageous (too much so for many people , so you either love her or hate her).
They are hard to describe aren't they? Shelly Laurenston is good. I didn't find her books that funny though. More like cute funny. They made me smile in a few places but didn't make me crack up any.

B would be a good rating for Jessica Sims. Right now for me it's a 4 stars read I think I am at 80%.

Janet Evanovich
Christie Craig
Jennifer Crusie
Sandra Hill
Lynsay Sands
Jessica Sims
It's such a short list of really funny romance authors. I'm sure there are more out there that I haven't yet discovered.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #817
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
$3.99 - It Had to Be You: Special Bonus Edition with free novel Blue Flame (Lucky Harbor #7) - Jill Shalvis -- sounds almost too good to be true...
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Has anyone else purchased this "Bonus Edition"? Mine has no trace of the second novel Blue Flame.
Mine neither... I knew it was too good to be true I've contacted CS too. We shall see...
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #818
worktolive
Guru

Quote:
Janet Evanovich
Christie Craig
Jennifer Crusie
Sandra Hill
Lynsay Sands
Jessica Sims
It's such a short list of really funny romance authors. I'm sure there are more out there that I haven't yet discovered.
I agree, and of course, humor is so individual, hence our somewhat different reactions to various authors. Let's see, in PNR, Eve Langlais writes hot, funny novellas (I particularly like the FURRY coalition books, featuring amongst others, a werebunny, a were swan, and a were crocodile). Molly Harper's PNR books are cute. I don't find them as funny as many do, but they are definitely lighthearted.

I saw that One For the Money is on sale right now for $2.99. I was debating getting it, but have always been kind of put off by the fact that Stephanie apparently doesn't ever grow or change (I like the characters to evolve if they are in a continuing series).
Old 06-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #819
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I agree, and of course, humor is so individual, hence our somewhat different reactions to various authors. Let's see, in PNR, Eve Langlais writes hot, funny novellas (I particularly like the FURRY coalition books, featuring amongst others, a werebunny, a were swan, and a were crocodile). Molly Harper's PNR books are cute. I don't find them as funny as many do, but they are definitely lighthearted.

I saw that One For the Money is on sale right now for $2.99. I was debating getting it, but have always been kind of put off by the fact that Stephanie apparently doesn't ever grow or change (I like the characters to evolve if they are in a continuing series).
There is very little character development in the Stephanie Plum series. It's like a sitcom. I suspect the last few books have been ghostwritten but the first 12 are really good. I really believe she originally intended 12 to be the final book. My favorite though is book 13. I don't know why... it just is. I am a huge Ranger fan. HUGE you can could say I'm obsessed. There is no other hero out there like him I have come across. Ms. Evanovich said Ranger was only suppose to be a small character roll but he kind of took over. I believe it. lol

I'll look into Eve Langlais. I love Molly Harper! I'm not sure yet which category to put her in.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #820
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I absolutely LOVE Shelly Laurenston! I have lost count of how many times I have re-read her Magnus Pack series. Those three women have made me cry with laughter more times than I can count.

And of authors whose back lists I want NOW are:

Fern Michaels
Rebecca Brandywine
Roberta Latow (deceased)

Last edited by cfrizz; 06-29-2013 at 08:13 PM.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #821
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
I saw this book drop to $0.99 on Kindle so I went to see if it also dropped at Kobo so I could coupon it. Better - it's FREE on Kobo.

Edge of Shadows (Shadow Ops #3) - C.J. Lyons
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #822
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I saw this book drop to $0.99 on Kindle so I went to see if it also dropped at Kobo so I could coupon it. Better - it's FREE on Kobo.

Edge of Shadows (Shadow Ops #3) - C.J. Lyons
Great find!

Just open it and it says it's the third in a trilogy. Both Book One and Book Two are just 99 cents each at Kobo.

Last edited by Blossom; 06-29-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #823
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I absolutely LOVE Shelly Laurenston! I have lost count of how many times I have re-read her Magnus Pack series. Those three women have made me cry with laughter more times than I can count.

And of authors whose back lists I want NOW are:

Fern Michaels
Rebecca Brandywine
Roberta Latow (deceased)
Oh I second Rebecca Brandewyne!
I wish Jo goodman would hurry up and release more of hers in ebook. Her old stuff was awesome.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #824
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
She's an autobuy for me. Mine was a pre-order and Blue Flame is in there.
Does it show up in the TOC in your edition?

Sounds like they should have created a new edition/asin and removed the old one from sale.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:27 PM   #825
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Does it show up in the TOC in your edition?

Sounds like they should have created a new edition/asin and removed the old one from sale.
Yes it does. I look at the sample on Amazon and it is not the same as the one I have.

The first page should read like this:

Begin Reading
Table of Contents
It Had to Be You
Free Book: Blue Flame
A Preview of Always on My Mind
A Preview of Seeing Red
Newsletters
Copyright Page

The Sample reads like this:

Begin Reading
Table of Contents
A Preview of Always on My Mind
Newsletters
Copyright Page

Last edited by Blossom; 06-29-2013 at 09:33 PM.