Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-17-2012, 04:45 AM   #1
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Many ebooks reduced by 40% at BooksOnBoard

I received this in an email from BooksOnBoard today:

Quote:
BooksOnBoard is discounting all qualifying backlist fiction--that's fiction with a street date from before Jan 1, 2012--40% off*. Plus, you earn 8% Rewards on all eBooks and Audio Book titles for a limited time. All qualifying frontlist is also 25% off. And remember, we match competitors' pricing on any titles that publishers have not prohibited us from discounting; just email support@booksonboard.com with link to any better price you see elsewhere.

*minimum list price of $4.00 required to qualify for 40% discount
Obviously this can only be applied to non-agency titles. I had a look around at the site, and for example older Harlequin titles appear to qualify. One book whose list price is 4.50$ was available for 2.70 $ (+ 0.36$ in rewards).

There's no mention in the email of for how long the discounts are to last.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I have not heard of this company before. Do you purchase from them a lot? How is the format they provide? DRM?
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
I buy quite a few books from them. Most of the books are with DRM, and there are a number of formats available - which, depends on the individual books and their publishers. You can see which are available when you press the cart/wishlist button under a specific book.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
MrTeatime
Connoisseur
MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
I'm a bit confused about this one: the wording seems to suggest that all non-agency eBooks with a streetdate prior to Jan 1st 2012 have 40% off, but I can find plenty of examples where this isn't the case.

Here's the full e-mail text, if any one is interested:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/E...id=VBCADG-L-48
MrTeatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
B.O.B. has been around for a long time. I buy from them all the time. The only thing is under $5 purchases have a transaction fee so I only buy from them when I have more then that to spend. They have a rewards system which I love. I also like they have a cart system and they take PayPal.

I just recently started buying Audiobooks from them. I need to see if any of the ones I want are on sale because they are cheaper than Audible in most cases though the selection isn't as good.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I just noticed the Buy for Kindle button. Is that new?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I just noticed the Buy for Kindle button. Is that new?
They added that a few months ago. It takes you to Amazon's site. I guess they are using their affiliate program to make a little extra.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
KJohnson
KJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony505
Hi Folks,

Quick answers to clarify. Yes - non-agency titles only. List price must be above $4. Fiction only. Very limited time on this one. Kindle links - makes things simple for customers who browse our site and may also read on a Kindle.

If you see one that escaped the pricing rule please simply email our support@booksonboard.com and request they individually correct the price.

Since you still get the 8% rewards on these, net discount is almost 50%.

Thanks,

Kurt Johnson
BooksOnBoard
KJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
MrTeatime
Connoisseur
MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohnson View Post
Info
Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the info - is this deal open to UK buyers, also?

Thanks!
MrTeatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #10
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
I grabbed two books by Guy Gavriel Kay (as recommended in this thread) and two others.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Tried them out, myself, yesterday. I had been looking for "The Hyde Effect" by Steve Vance. It finally became available as an eBook from the iUniverse publisher. I was going to buy, but a lot of reviews stated the eBook was a big mess as it appears to have been a a quick and dirty OCR from a printed copy. At B.O.B it was less than $3, so I went ahead and got it.

It is pretty rough, but this is not a B.O.B. issue, but the publisher's problem. Either way, it is still fairly readable, so I'm happy with my B.O.B experience.

Oh, and I like the fact that it is an epub and easily transferable and readable on my iRiver.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #12
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Question Is the 40% off deal over?

On the site it says 25% off. Is the 40% deal already over?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohnson View Post
Hi Folks,

Quick answers to clarify. Yes - non-agency titles only. List price must be above $4. Fiction only. Very limited time on this one. Kindle links - makes things simple for customers who browse our site and may also read on a Kindle.

If you see one that escaped the pricing rule please simply email our support@booksonboard.com and request they individually correct the price.

Since you still get the 8% rewards on these, net discount is almost 50%.

Thanks,

Kurt Johnson
BooksOnBoard
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
25 on new, 40 on backlist
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #14
KJohnson
KJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTeatime View Post
Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the info - is this deal open to UK buyers, also?

Thanks!

Yes, all non-agency titles available anywhere should have discount in place.
KJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Kurt, would it be possible for you guys to offer a way to filter categories/search results so that only non-agency books are shown? I don't know about others, but it would stop me from giving up when browsing for sale titles.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote