Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-04-2004, 09:44 AM   #1
ricktt3
ricktt3 began at the beginning.

Device: T|T3
Hello!

My name is Rick and I have a Tungsten|T3. Were you able to figure that out from my username?
ricktt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:03 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Strange, I could have sworn you had a Sony Clie... just kidding

Welcome to the forums!!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
goldensmom
goldensmom began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX/Sony PRS-505/Blackberry
If only Sony helped as much as this community!

Hello!! I was so excited about the release of the Kindle - ran to my computer to place an order, and it took several attempts before it clicked - Canadians are persona non grata! Got huffy, thought, yeah, let me see what I can do to thwart that! Ungrateful Amazon, bent about the newfound value of the Canadian dollar! So, I spent last Saturday night surfing, and came to this forum, where I discovered I could be happier in fact with a Sony PRS-505!! Went to Sony's website, where, again, it took a long time to connect with the fact that Sony doesn't want to sell to Canadians either (unless of course, it's the new family Christmas gift in our house - a 46" Bravia XBR TV - no problem selling that to me!)
Soooo, to Ebay! No problem!! Ordered my sweet little blue PRS-505, it arrived safe and sound Friday! Hah! take that Sony! Only... it appears my research missed a small, but quite important detail, you can have the Reader, but honey, you aren't downloading any ebooks from our website! Ok, I did the dishonest thing and checked the resident of US box so I could at least get the freebie classics - Thank you, no thank YOU! There's a reason they aren't already in our extensive library of books!
Well, now I'm ticked! I purchased the Reader in large part to reduce the weight of our luggage for our annual 2-week trip - a 44 lb limit inc luggage and carry-on weights is nothing! The airlines always scoop deep into our pockets for overweight baggage - despite leaving 10 books behind for the resort's library! I justified the purchase as a long term savings of sort (ok, that's what I told my husband, that and adjustable font for these 40-something eyes).
So, my excitement is dwindling to frustration, especially having received Sony's response to my request for service to Canadians (and by extension, everyone else in the world who can access their website!). That response was previously posted here, and basically leaves one to feel Sony is not too worried about the fact non-US citizens are out in the cold.
I will be scouring this site for all sorts of ideas to thwart that US address issue, if only Ebay was the answer...
goldensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:51 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote