Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 07:53 PM   #3136
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There are two related problems with this build.

Firstly, it looks like I uploaded the wrong version last night. It didn't have the fixes for the config dialog and Qt4/5 that I meant to put in. The places that you removed the ".toString()" from need to be converted by "convert_qvariant". Without this, it works OK in the Qt5 version, but you lose the settings from the drop-down lists in the Qt4 version.

I also saw the following error:

Code:
calibre, version 1.202.0
ERROR: Cannot generate cover: No cover settings exist named: "None"
This looks to be caused by the above problem. The Qt4 version wrote "None" as the setting for all the drop-downs. Then using the same library with the Qt5 version read "None" and displayed the error. It should only affect someone who swaps between the calibre builds with exactly the wrong plugin versions.
I should know better than to try posting quick updates from hotel rooms.

I believe this version corrects the issue.

Unfortunately, I also made the same mistake in my other plugins. I don't think I made it in kiwidude's plugins I ported because that's a piece of code I made myself.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 07-22-2014 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 07-20-2014, 11:52 PM   #3137
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
JimmXinu: I made exactly the same mistake in both my plugins and kiwidudes. But, I think only one got out before I caught it.

It seems to be working properly now in both Qt4 and Qt5 versions of calibre.
Advert
Old 07-21-2014, 05:57 AM   #3138
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Is it possible to override the setting with changed URL and download the story anyway? Without having to confirm it twice?
Old 07-21-2014, 03:47 PM   #3139
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Is it possible to override the setting with changed URL and download the story anyway? Without having to confirm it twice?
Turn off the 'Check for changed story URL' option on the Basic tab.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:50 PM   #3140
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Does it download the stories then, even if I have them already?
Advert
Old 07-21-2014, 11:14 PM   #3141
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Updated test version with a fix for Reject.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 07-23-2014 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 07-21-2014, 11:56 PM   #3142
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Is there a new setting in the update that will let me add stories (again) with a different URL without asking for confirmation twice?

Several of the Buffy Fanfiction sites, have overlapping stories, and it's not the same metadata, I would like to be able to keep all the stories and then weed the copies out myself at a later date.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #3143
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Is there a new setting in the update that will let me add stories (again) with a different URL without asking for confirmation twice?

Several of the Buffy Fanfiction sites, have overlapping stories, and it's not the same metadata, I would like to be able to keep all the stories and then weed the copies out myself at a later date.
Look in the Add dialog options or in the Config Basic tab and change the setting for 'If Story Already Exists' to 'Add New Book'.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #3144
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I'm sorry but I can't find the setting, maybe you can post a screenshot?
Old 07-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #3145
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
I'm sorry but I can't find the setting, maybe you can post a screenshot?
It's not hard to find if you look...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	215
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	125689  
Old 07-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #3146
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thank you so much, I didn't even think to look there
Old 07-22-2014, 09:10 PM   #3147
xvector
xvector began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro (Android - Nexus 5)
Is there a way for this plugin to automatically grab covers from fanfiction.net for books we've downloaded from that website?

For example, if I download The Skitterleap using this plugin, how would I configure it to make it grab the cover associated with it that's already on fanfiction.net?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:12 PM   #3148
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvector View Post
Is there a way for this plugin to automatically grab covers from fanfiction.net for books we've downloaded from that website?

For example, if I download The Skitterleap using this plugin, how would I configure it to make it grab the cover associated with it that's already on fanfiction.net?
First, you have to use epub, then you can include images most easily by using the checkbox on the right side of the Basic FFDL config tab.

The story images are now used by default with ffnet stories--but not if it detects that the image shown is an author image instead (as indicated by /imageu/ in the image URL).
Old 07-23-2014, 05:41 AM   #3149
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I'm having massive problems with Elysian Fields (http://dark-solace.org/elysian/index.php)

I keep getting a timeout, but I don't know if it the site or the plugin.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #3150
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
I'm having massive problems with Elysian Fields (http://dark-solace.org/elysian/index.php)

I keep getting a timeout, but I don't know if it the site or the plugin.
An extremely simple test--clicking on the link you just gave--shows that the site is not responding. So pretty clearly it's the site.
Closed Thread