Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #61
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
An off topic question for you. How do you read 1.13 books per day? That seems an ungodly high number of books to read every single day. Are they all real books? Or are they just a short story like you mostly see at WattPad? Or are you fastest reader in the world? Or not have job?
Lots of people read a book or two (or even more) a day. Not always an advantage.

I took SSR (Speed reading) in grade two (1957). Great for studying and I.Q tests, but does not alleviate the too many books too little time feeling.

I really enjoy reading, but I do not enjoy it any more due to speed.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #62
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
My guess is that the TK4 will have a 7 inch screen to position it against the Color Nook at a lower price. It will be 3G & WiFi. $169

The BK4 will be pretty much the KSO but might come in colors. WiFi only. $114

The kPad will be a larger Color Nook. $359

If I am wrong, my account was hacked & this was posted by someone else.

Last edited by Harmon; 07-16-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 05:41 AM   #63
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
A couple of things I find raises a few questions about Amazon releasing a tablet is they have an android app store, but only sell to in the US. Will they restrict tablet sales to just the US market? They have already shown their world-wide support for the Kindle. Perhaps they will open the app store when the time comes.

Secondly, as a consumer I am trying to work out what Amazon could possibly offer as an upgrade to the current Kindle line. Ok, a touch screen, which would encourage some to upgrade and others to flatly refuse. Processor speed increase would mean little to no difference for reading. Could possibly be the HD e-ink screen in the iRiver (is that a pearl screen?). Larger internal storage?

Personally as a device I don't think it is time for the Kindle to be replaced with a newer model, but given the speed the market is moving I guess Amazon HAVE to release something to stay ahead. Not only has the price really dropped for an e-reader but are we on the verge of expecting Amazon/B&N/Kobo to release a new product every 12 months?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:59 AM   #64
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
A must-have upgrade for k3 owners is probably a tricky one for amazon so maybe they will simply knock a bit off the price of those models and expand the range with a kindle touch, meaning they can match or beat their competitors on both features or pricing.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do think Amazon should do away with the buttons and stick with Touch.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #66
nesler
Zealot
nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Dear god no.
nesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #67
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
Quote:
Since you come across as anti-Amazon and anti-Kindle I wonder why you bother with this sort of comment. I can't believe that you would buy a touch-Kindle, because it would no doubt be running mobi.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesler View Post
Dear god no.
I have to say this, buttons are becoming obsolete.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB View Post
Since you come across as anti-Amazon and anti-Kindle I wonder why you bother with this sort of comment. I can't believe that you would buy a touch-Kindle, because it would no doubt be running mobi.
I'm still hoping that someday Amazon will realize that ePub is the way to go.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #70
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
I strongly prefer the fully customizable 4 way + enter button of the Pocketbook 360 over the amazon Kindle keyboard, but I also strongly prefer it over any touch screen interface.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #71
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I sure hope not. Doing away with the keyboard wouldn't really bother me, but I want page turn, home, back, menu and a 5-way buttons (well, at least page turns).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #72
teadonkey
Zealot
teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I like buttons, but I must say the Nook Touch looks sleek. Maybe Amazon will find the happy middle ground.
teadonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #73
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I sure hope not. Doing away with the keyboard wouldn't really bother me, but I want page turn, home, back, menu and a 5-way buttons (well, at least page turns).
I want a Amazon Tablet with the Kindle keyboard. And please, Amazon, don't do away the buttons in the next generation of Kindle. The tocuh screen would be nice, but don't do away the buttons, not all of them at least.

Last edited by thebestjeter; 07-16-2011 at 02:14 PM.
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #74
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:
So do you use a touch keyboard for your computer?
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #75
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
A good 5 way button is better for page turns than dedicated page turn buttons.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, kindle, tablet, touch