Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
Lotus Esprit
Addict
Lotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator For iPad

There is a new MAME port out for the iPad called iMAME4all.

The original MAME was released in February of 1999 with the intent to save the arcade classics for future generations. The over 2000 arcade games themselves have been dumped from the actual original machine roms and are readily availalbe for download from numerous sites.

Source Link w/Video: MAME Ported For iPad
Lotus Esprit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus Esprit View Post
The over 2000 arcade games themselves have been dumped from the actual original machine roms and are readily availalbe for download from numerous sites.
This sounds quite monstrously illegal to me. Has this been done with the permission of the copyright holders of the games?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #3
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This sounds quite monstrously illegal to me. Has this been done with the permission of the copyright holders of the games?
In a very small number of cases yes, in the vast majority no.
MAME operates (or at least used to) a date cutoff, so that they would not include support for any machines newer than a certain period.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
kissyfish
Connoisseur
kissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Irex Iliad
Legality

This thing is only available via jailbreak.

I do love mame, and this is the first thing to tempt me to jailbreak.

But I still probably will not.
kissyfish is offline   Reply With Quote