Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-24-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
Painter
Painter began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook360
Red face Pocketbook 360

Have just got my pocketbook 360, but I am having trouble enlarging the wording. Some Books allow me to enlarge on zoom but others don't, how can I enlarge in these cases, step by step help would be much appreciated.
Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Make sure when you open the book for the first time, that you click and hold the center button to get the menu option to "open with" then select FBReader as the program to open the book with.

The PB would default to the ade reader program I think normaly ( ive installed a option file that uses fbreader first when it can ) and it ( ade ) has different options for font sizes etc.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2010, 06:19 AM   #3
Painter

Many thanks for that, It works perfectly, and the book is now opening much quicker.
Pity the pocketbook Help manual didn't say that, or maybe I have the wrong one.

All the same thanks again.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:17 AM   #4
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Still, if the book is DRMed epub... you'll have only 3 sizes of fonts... at most... and with some PDFs also enlarging poses a problem)) But that's not with PocketBook only)
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #5
Painter

Thanks but that was way too technical for me, I am no techi buff. At the moment it's working a treat. What is DRMed?
If I have a further problem can I come back to you??
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
DRM

DRM is digital rights management. Basically its the publishers attempt to prevent you from sharing the book files with other people.

Its like what they did with mp3 files.

You will probably only need to register with Adobe Digital Editions so you can use their epub format.

Have you downloaded Calibre yet? Its great for library management!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
Painter

Ahh I see, so far I have only used txt and adobe, so haven't come across Drm yet, many thanks for the explanation.
Yes I am using Calibre, not sure how I would manage without it.
Going on holiday is a joy now as I can take as many books as I want.

Many thanks to everyone for their great explanations.