Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-07-2008, 02:30 AM   #16
erayd
Zealot
erayd doesn't littererayd doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 2
New release is up (r23), now supports RTF output. If you wish to use RTF, you will need to have pandoc installed. I've also updated the original post.

Last edited by erayd; 07-07-2008 at 03:23 AM. Reason: r21 contained a bug - simpletos should not be on by default!
erayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #17
mateo
Enthusiast
mateo began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Zire71
Quote:
Originally Posted by erayd View Post
Thanks for this - can you supply a story ID that doesn't render correctly? Which version are you using?
Sure, 4250149. I was using an SVN copy.
mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #18
erayd
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo View Post
Sure, 4250149. I was using an SVN copy.
Thanks - this should be fixed in the latest subversion build (r24). Please let me know if you have any further issues.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:41 PM   #19
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
erayd, I think the you might want to talk to these folks:

http://www.transformativeworks.org/p...s/archive.html

They are building all new archive software from the ground up, and I'm sure they'd love to have this capability from the get-go. And unlike fanfic.net, it's not going to be run for profit.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:59 AM   #20
SeaWolf
Connoisseur
SeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Kindle Paperwhite WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
erayd, I think the you might want to talk to these folks:
I think their software is going to written in Ruby on Rails though, rather than PHP, which might make integrating the existing work a little hard, but being able to export in eBook formats from their archive would be a great feature to have when they get up and running.

Speaking of which, any luck getting the Fanfic.net people to agree to you running a public FLAG server? I'd love to be able to give the software a try.
SeaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #21
erayd
Zealot

I haven't had a reply from ff.net yet - my current plan is if I haven't received a response by Friday evening (+12) I'll just go ahead and do it anyway, and take it down if they complain about it.

Whitearrow, adding such capability isn't hard, and if they're using RoR as SeaWolf says then my code would be rather useless to them anyway unless they're calling it as an external application. I have no problem with them using it though.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:18 PM   #22
myridom
Enthusiast
myridom doesn't littermyridom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Awesome.. I have been doing a few stories by hand just to have backup material if I get bored. Glad someone started down this road.. LOL

Myridom
myridom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:48 AM   #23
erayd
Zealot

The fanfiction.net people haven't replied, so I've put this app online as a webservice here. Enjoy . The webservice is currently running a subversion copy (r26). Note that not all features of the CLI version are available (--notoc, automatic file naming etc).

As always, any comments, suggestions, bug reports, etc are more than welcome.

Last edited by erayd; 07-19-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:41 PM   #24
SeaWolf
Connoisseur
SeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Kindle Paperwhite WiFi
Minor bug report:
If I enter a six digit story ID I get the error
Code:
Invalid story ID (should be a 7-digit number).
But that's not true, there are certainly six digit IDs and probably shorter ones as well. It's solvable by padding the ID with a zero at the start though.
SeaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:00 AM   #25
erayd
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWolf View Post
Minor bug report:
If I enter a six digit story ID I get the error
Code:
Invalid story ID (should be a 7-digit number).
But that's not true, there are certainly six digit IDs and probably shorter ones as well. It's solvable by padding the ID with a zero at the start though.
Oops, I didn't realise that. It will now accept story IDs from 1-7 digits.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:17 AM   #26
Lane
Lane began at the beginning.

Device: HP iPaq 210
This tool is fantastic. I've tried other FF.net downloaders and think it's the best among them. I only wish someone would port it to windows so that I could use the software instead of the website. For now, I hope you keep the app online for those of us not running Linux. Thank you for this great tool, erayd.
Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:58 AM   #27
erayd
Zealot

Glad to hear you find it useful :-). I'd actually given up on maintaining it, as it hasn't been getting much use, but I do plan to keep it online. Are there any particular features you'd like it to have that it doesn't have currently?
Old 11-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #28
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I love it! Thanks so much. The HTML one generated decent plain text when I pasted it (unformatted) into my word processor. I was easily able to save it as a word doc and convert it to ereader.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:38 AM   #29
erayd
Zealot

FLAG now supports output to ePub. Latest version (r29) is attached to the first post in this thread, or can be used as a web service here.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #30
rgibbo
rgibbo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi been using your software for quite a bit now, I tried using others but none of the others are as good as this one, i've mainly been using the version hosted on erayd's server since I use a windows machine and just saved the files straight onto my reader.

Anyway, the online version has suddenly stopped working as it wouldn't download anything, I tried at least 10 different codes and they all wouldn't work. I'm a bit of a PHP developer so I downloaded it and tried it on my machine, after a lot of hacking to just get it running on my windows machine,the exact same problem came up where it wouldn't download anything.

After scanning through the code for about 15 minutes, I managed to found the problem, it lies with how the tool gets the page data from the site as it sends out a user agent string to help identify it, it seems fanfiction has blocked the tool's user agent string so the tool can't download anything. I decided to change the user agent string which was FLAG/1.0 or similar to the something differentand it seems to be working again now.

Well that's the solution if anyone else wants it.
rgibbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, fanfiction, fanfiction.net, grabber, lrf