Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Calibre Companion prerelease 3.2.0b

CC prerelease 3.2.0b has been published and will available soon to people who are members of the CC prerelease program.

This prerelease contains minor changes. It is likely to be what is released to the general public in approximately two weeks, once we have had some testing time with it running with the next calibre release (1.6).

Prerelease 3.2.0b has the following changes:
  • Show a message if the user taps download all in CC's content server interface and calibre is not sufficiently up-to-date.
  • [BUG FIX] Reduce a timeout to avoid very rare "Application not responding" errors.
  • [BUG FIX] Fix a problem with the new faster wireless device protocol when no books were available.

Note that a full metadata exchange cycle will be required when calibre is updated to 1.6. The cache file format in calibre has changed to reduce the memory footprint.

Prerelease 3.2.0a had the following changes:
  • Uses a book cache on the calibre side to avoid sending metadata from CC to calibre during wireless device connections, reducing initial connection time by up to a factor of 10. This change requires calibre 1.5 released 26/9/2013. Note that you will not see the improvement until after a successful connection. CC will continue to work with older versions of calibre, offering no performance improvement.
  • Provides a "Download all" menu item in the content server, permitting you to download all the books in a category such as all books by an author or a series. This change requires calibre 1.5 released 26/9/2013. If calibre has not been updated, this function should do nothing.
  • [BUG FIX] Don't incorrectly erase the current grouping specification from the title bar.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
pufff
Enthusiast
pufff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Regarding the sending of metadata: my CC is still sending all the metadata at every connection. Taking forever! I'm running Calibre 1.5. OK now it's making a liar of me! I stopped the most recent connection at >8 minutes. This last time all done in 2 min 55sec. Not too shabby....
Rose

Last edited by pufff; 10-05-2013 at 04:42 PM.
pufff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pufff View Post
Regarding the sending of metadata: my CC is still sending all the metadata at every connection. Taking forever! I'm running Calibre 1.5
Rose
That shouldn't be happening. Could you post or send me a calibre debug log? Are you running calibre on windows or some other OS? Are you running calibre portable? 32 or 64 bit?

EDIT: killing the transfer will prevent filling the cache, ensuring that the next transfer will take longer. Also, I arm still interested in the info I asked for, if you have the time and energy.

Last edited by chaley; 10-05-2013 at 04:50 PM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote