Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
1649 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Unhappy Write text + Notes bug?

Hi all.
I recentely bought a Kobo Touch. I think this question is already been asked, but things can change in few months! So: there is a way I can write text on my Kobo Touch, apart from taking notes on books? Like an editor or something? Something I can install?

By the way, why I don't like notes? Because it happened to me a lot of times that the saved notes disappeared, with no reason. I really don't know if it's a bug or something, but sadly I've lost a lot of text I wrote in this way.

So, someone has an idea for me? Thank you very much!
1649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
MisterBuggie
Enthusiast
MisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura H20 2nd edition
There's nothing you can install on the kobo. As far as I know there's only one very simple plugin that modifies the homescreen.

The only thing I can suggest is to use the browser and some sort of online document editor (or saving text as drafts in a webmail at the very minimum). Don't know if Google Docs or something works with the browser.
MisterBuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 04:00 AM   #3

Well, this is quite frustrating, expecially the notes bug (I'm with 2.1.4). Reading the section "Kobo Developer's Corner" of this forum I thought I could install programs on the Kobo.

Anyway, anyone is experimenting (or solved) notes bug (notes not saved)?
Old 10-29-2012, 04:03 AM   #4
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
When exactly aren't notes saved?

I vaguely remember reading somewhere on this forum (quite recently), that the bug is that notes won't be saved when you dismiss the "note writing" box after you've done. But, if you hit "done" (or whatever it says) first, the notes will be saved...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #5

I don't remember exactly when notes don't be saved, but I keep a lot of attention saving (hitting always "Save") and sometimes note don't save. But one thing I can say with certainty: also notes already saved sometimes disappear partially, as if the kobo load an earlier save. Here's an example: suppose I have written 5 lines of text in the note. I save, all it's okay. Then I decide to change what is written, adding a few lines of text. At this point it may happen that, after saving, I find myself with a note of half a line, losing all the text!
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 04:19 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The bug in saving annotations and highights that I know of is related to how you leave the annotations list. If you make changes (delete something, update a note) and exit the annotations list by pressing the x at the top right of the list, the change is saved. If you exit the list by selecting an annotation or highlight and doing "Show on page" the changes are not saved.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote