Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
Kamikuza
Connoisseur
Kamikuza began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Line height insanity!

Got the latest update...

Now, all the books I've converted from pdf, epub etc (Sigil > KindlePreview > Kindle3) have the larger line-height/line spacing but all the books I've bought have the nice tight line spacing

Yes I know I can choose "small" line spacing and that'll fix the books I've done but... having to switch between "small" and "medium" when I read other books will be freakin' annoying.

So for a test, I converted the same doc with Calibre and used "Minimum Line Spacing:0" and whaddya know - same as the purchased books...

How does Calibre fix the line-height when you convert with Calibre?!?!?!
Kamikuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hold your mouse over any option and you will get a tooltip with more detail about what that option does.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
Kamikuza
Connoisseur

What I mean is... what code does it use? How can I achieve the same effect in Sigil > KindlePreview without using Calibre to convert?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

calibre is open source, simply grep the name of the option in the calibre source code to see what code is used.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #5
Kamikuza
Connoisseur

Was hoping for something easier like CSS to add to my ePubs...
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It's not a pure CSS solution. One of the major reasons calibre's conversion pipeline exists is that most things cannot be done in pure css for the general case.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:56 PM   #7
Kamikuza
Connoisseur

Hmm... and it only works in .mobi, not .azw3.

Unfortunately, Calibre ignores (?) the <big> or <small> tags in the conversion...

Seems I either live with constantly changing the line spacing