Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #511
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony T1
Do your kindle support Chinese word by itself before kpdf?
If so, you can choose Chinese font in kpdf. You don't need to replace any font by kpdf. kpdf will recognize the fonts in your kindle, you can press "f" in file browser mode to select the chinese font you have, its name could be different according to different hack or customizations.

In reading mode, you can also change font by press "f".

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyou2 View Post
Great work. I just install it and it runs smoothly.
Well this is a big problem maybe you do not care : it can not show chinese word.
I try to replace the font in \kindlepdfviewer\fonts\droid and it still does not work.
Just show 口口 instead of chinese words or other asia words.
I think it is a small case for you expert.
Thank you very much.
dracodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #512
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanga View Post
I've just updated the Introduction section of the wiki and added an Installation Guide.
Thank you, that's nice - and very much in the spirit of Open Source!
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #513
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracodoc View Post
Do your kindle support Chinese word by itself before kpdf?
If so, you can choose Chinese font in kpdf. You don't need to replace any font by kpdf. kpdf will recognize the fonts in your kindle, you can press "f" in file browser mode to select the chinese font you have, its name could be different according to different hack or customizations.

In reading mode, you can also change font by press "f".
Yes,now it can work well with your means pressing 'f' to choose chinese font .
As my books are almost all chinese,it is not convenient to choose the font everytime.
Is there a way to replace the font forever?

Last edited by xueyou2; 06-01-2012 at 07:35 PM.
xueyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #514
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

The messed up display appeared again:
I woke my DX up, press home to quit file browser, press home again to quit kpdf, the screen became some black lines.
I input shift P R, and the amazon framework restarted, after the restart, it back to normal.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #515
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
Oops, my bad. I was testing with Chinese Characters and forgot to set the font back. ;-p

I have fix this in the new version. This version includes the fix for screen refresh after exit. Also the font configuration is unified among all menus and configuration is now automatically saved after exit.

download link:
https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfviewer/wiki/Download

Now I can concentrate on the "jump stack" feature. :-)
Hi dave2008,I need chinese characters .So what can i do to read chinese books without Changing font everytime with the new version made by hawhill.
Thank you.
Advert
Old 06-02-2012, 03:22 AM   #516
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyou2 View Post
Hi dave2008,I need chinese characters .So what can i do to read chinese books without Changing font everytime with the new version made by hawhill.
Thank you.
So far, there is no way to achieve it. But we can add a configurable entry in reader.kpdfview.lua file for crengine's default font in next release.

As a workaround, you can modify following line in crereader.lua to change the default font face for CREnging:

https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfvie...reader.lua#L82

change "Droid Sans" to whatever font you want.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:23 AM   #517
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
The messed up display appeared again:
I woke my DX up, press home to quit file browser, press home again to quit kpdf, the screen became some black lines.
I input shift P R, and the amazon framework restarted, after the restart, it back to normal.
Can you always reproduce it?
Old 06-02-2012, 04:35 AM   #518
xueyou2
Connoisseur

Quote:
So far, there is no way to achieve it. But we can add a configurable entry in reader.kpdfview.lua file for crengine's default font in next release.

As a workaround, you can modify following line in crereader.lua to change the default font face for CREnging:

https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfvie...reader.lua#L82

change "Droid Sans" to whatever font you want.
Thanks .
So waiting for the new relesse.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #519
dracodoc
Connoisseur

Quote:
Can you always reproduce it?
I met it 3 times yesterday, but cannot reproduce it every time. It's more likely to happen after a long time sleep of DX. 2 times of 3 the orientation sensor is on, but I'm not sure if it's related.

Last edited by dracodoc; 06-02-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:06 AM   #520
dave2008
Addict

Quote:
I met it 3 times yesterday, but cannot reproduce it every time. It's more likely to happen after a long time sleep of DX. 2 times of 3 the orientation sensor is on, but I'm not sure if it's related.
I see. The screen is expected to be messed up if the rotate event is triggered by the sensor because KPV does not know how to capture the sensor's events yet.

It will be better if you can find a way to reproduce it with auto-rotate turned off.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #521
dracodoc
Connoisseur

Quote:
I see. The screen is expected to be messed up if the rotate event is triggered by the sensor because KPV does not know how to capture the sensor's events yet.

It will be better if you can find a way to reproduce it with auto-rotate turned off.
That explains! I usually turn off the sensor, so I didn't have this problem until now.

Another side question, can I move the "myclipings.txt" to a sub folder without loss of my highlights on books? I'd like to move it out of the view but I'm not sure if that will cause some loss.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #522
bloor
bloor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG 3.2.1
Fantastic stuff so far

However with the new update, large pdfs (~100 mb) page turn/commands are painfully slow (upto 15-20 seconds+), I'm assuming its the limited RAM on the dxg

Shift PK doesnt seem to be enough, is there anything else I can do on my end?

-Thank you
bloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:20 AM   #523
lesen54321
Enthusiast
lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle 3
Good morning,

I have a question about the pdf reader Kindle.

I e.g. Pdfs, since the text is displayed in two columns side by side. Is there a way to each column at a time convenient to read, so full-page and then column by column? I did not have got done.

Thanks for advice.

KR
lesen54321
lesen54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #524
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
There is a simple, yet efficient two-column navigation mode in kindlepdfviewer. I suggest to just go and try it out.

Or were you asking about the "normal" Amazon PDF viewer? That is much more restricted in terms of zooming/panning and does not have such facilities. But discussing that would be a bit off-topic in this thread, so when it's about the native Amazon framework, please open a new thread (or chose a relevant existing thread).
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #525
lesen54321
Enthusiast
lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle 3
Hi,

I tried the 2 colum navigation, but it did not fit into my page.
I trie to make a screen of it at the kindle with my camera.

KR lesen54321
lesen54321 is offline   Reply With Quote