Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
fs3rp4
fs3rp4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Upgrade kobo US 1.0 to 1.4

Hi!

I just bought A kobo From Borders and they send to me with version 1.0 without upgrade to 1.4. Of course It don't sync with borders or kobo desktop application and version 1.0 don't work very well with font resizing.

I open a tread on kobo support forums, but they don't reply after almost 15 days. http://kobo.zendesk.com/requests/76348

So somebody have a 1.4 US firmware version to download to me upgrade my kobo trough SD card?

Thanks!!!
fs3rp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
KjellM
Connoisseur
KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Glo HD, Aura ONE
There is a sticky thread at the top part of the Kobo Forum called "SD card firmware (1.4) image links for AU/NZ". The first entry has links to the firmware. I believe the first one, Borders, Australia, is now dead, but I think the other two are good.

Or, you could go to a Borders store and have them do the upgrade for you !
KjellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The update for the Kobo-O (very, very, very soon) will take you from 1.0==>1.8. I'd wait.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
The update for the Kobo-O (very, very, very soon) will take you from 1.0==>1.8. I'd wait.
Will the Kobo-WiFi also be moving to version 1.8 at the same time?

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know we only tested for Kobo-O. It essentially brings the original up-to-date with the WiFi. Everyone will have the new (improved) desktop.
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 11:22 PM   #6
Gordo29
Connoisseur
Gordo29 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo-1st Porcelain 2nd Black, Touch, Aura, now Libra H2O
Quote:
How soon is "very,very,very"? My O K (with 1.4) has been very stable, good battery life, etc., sooo, I'm reluctant to upgrade anyways. I suppose if I don't like 1.8 I can go back to 1.4????
Gordo29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite

The beta folks have the release candidate now, and I'm thinking very, very, very soon means well, not today, but....

Once you have the 1.8 firmware on board you can't really go back to 1.4. At least, not easily. You will like 1.8.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:49 AM   #8
jimr
jimr began at the beginning.

Device: Original Kobo
Quote:
The beta folks have the release candidate now, and I'm thinking very, very, very soon means well, not today, but....

Once you have the 1.8 firmware on board you can't really go back to 1.4. At least, not easily. You will like 1.8.
Now it really feels like Christmas...can't stand the anticipation!
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #9
fs3rp4
fs3rp4 began at the beginning.

Ok. I will wait the 1.8 version.

Thank you!
fs3rp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:32 AM   #10
EDinNB
Enthusiast
EDinNB doesn't litterEDinNB doesn't litterEDinNB doesn't litter

Please Please Please can I have it Now???? I want it now!!

Actually I'm very pleased with 1.4 and if 1.8 is a real improvement, all the better. Just let me know when and where.

EDinNB
EDinNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Jordan--JCKobo, just told the beta group that they will post on MR with the details of the changes etc when it goes live.