arjan_tuin began at the beginning.

Device: none
4 Amazon Gift Cards $540 for sale

I am looking to sell 4 Amazon Gift cards with total value of $540:

1x $107.84
1x $118.38
1x $140.83
1x $173.34

Those gift cards are from my Amazon affiliate payments earned over the last few months.

I live in Europe, and Amazon US does not ship certain items (e.g. mobile phones) outside the US. That's why i would like to sell or trade.

I will sell it all for $510, or will trade it for Amazon DE gift cards with equal value.

Never used, No expiration date.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Here are some screenshots:

Last edited by arjan_tuin; 04-10-2009 at 09:58 AM.
arjan_tuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Here we go again.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Do we have "gullible" plastered across our foreheads or something?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
arjan_tuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Do we have "gullible" plastered across our foreheads or something?
I understand that it seems a little suspicious, because i have only one post. But i can assure you that i am not a scammer.. I just want to sell/trade my gift cards.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjan_tuin View Post
I understand that it seems a little suspicious, because i have only one post. But i can assure you that i am not a scammer.. I just want to sell/trade my gift cards.
Let me put it this way: I can assure you that if you wish to be successful in selling your gift cards, then you will need to become a part of the MobileRead community. You do this by posting and commenting on other posts, offering help, advice, opinions, and generally contributing to the community.

This is your first post, and we are all naturally very leery.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
arjan_tuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Let me put it this way: I can assure you that if you wish to be successful in selling your gift cards, then you will need to become a part of the MobileRead community. You do this by posting and commenting on other posts, offering help, advice, opinions, and generally contributing to the community.

This is your first post, and we are all naturally very leery.

Don
(Moderator)

Ok, I will start participating in this forum and building trust first.
Thank you for your advice.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
WARNING to all MR members. Many times when you see Amazon gift cards for sale it is a scam... either:

1. The gift cards were bought with stolen credit cards.

2. The seller sells the same gift card number to many people via paypal. It is very hard to get your money back via paypal.

I am not saying that is certainly the case here. But, I would be very very careful about buying Amazon credit this way. The discount is usually not worth the risk.

BOb - Moderator
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:06 PM   #8
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
WARNING to all MR members. Many times when you see Amazon gift cards for sale it is a scam... either:

1. The gift cards were bought with stolen credit cards.

2. The seller sells the same gift card number to many people via paypal. It is very hard to get your money back via paypal.

I am not saying that is certainly the case here. But, I would be very very careful about buying Amazon credit this way. The discount is usually not worth the risk.

BOb - Moderator
Phew!! you guys are the best, I love this community!

I wonder if he's going to start participating in the unutterably silly threads...

Last edited by Alphapheemail; 04-10-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #9
Evi1d33d
Enthusiast
Evi1d33d began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-505
I have seen $200 amazon gift cards going for $170 on ebay and the seller is getting 100% positive feedbacks from the transactions. I guess there's a way to get them cheap?
Evi1d33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi1d33d View Post
I have seen $200 amazon gift cards going for $170 on ebay and the seller is getting 100% positive feedbacks from the transactions. I guess there's a way to get them cheap?
Could be shills. Do they have a lot a feed back or are they pretty new?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #11
Evi1d33d
Enthusiast
Evi1d33d began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Could be shills. Do they have a lot a feed back or are they pretty new?
Most of them have less than 50 feedbacks but all 100%.
Look up item: 260390562224
Evi1d33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
If these cards were earned, as you say, from your affiliate payments over the last few months, then you could redeem them for items other than than cell phones, correct?

Can you not redeem them at all yourself?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
If these cards were earned, as you say, from your affiliate payments over the last few months, then you could redeem them for items other than than cell phones, correct?

He could also have requested payment by check. And while that does take some time it could be spendable cash.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #14
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

Great question! If there are no expiration dates, why not just hang onto them? Christmas is just around the corner, you know!
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #15
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
And BESIDES all that .... the buyer is only getting $30 worth of value. Why pay out $510 for such little in return (only $30 more) even *IF* the seller is completely aboveboard and honest? It'd have to be a 50% sale price to be worth the risk!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote