Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #31
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I have another error. I think it is caused by having a space in the filename.
The error is in this image:

The files are there, only of course spaces instead of %20. If you have time, could you check?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:38 AM   #32
Yoths
Enthusiast
Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
A new version is available (links in the first post are updated).

What's new:
- bugfix: export annotations from ePubs having content files with spaces in the path/name

Toxaris
Thanks for the bug report
Yoths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #33
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No problem, will test it tomorrow. It is my pleasure to use it!
Old 06-17-2012, 05:12 AM   #34
Toxaris
Wizard

It works fine now, thanks! I never use spaces in my filenames and this was another good reason not to.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #35
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
For some reason I can't install .NET Framework 4 I get a "general trust error". It wants to install to an external drive.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:02 AM   #36
ravista
ravista began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
This is a great application. Here comes my wish list for Santa:

(1) Exporting to CSV (or some database format that I can import in other software, where I save my quotes from literature)
(2) It would be really, really great if the exporter could get more than 200 characters from pdf's.
ravista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #37
Michelleh312
Member Retired
Michelleh312 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-t1
Error

I keep getting an error: "Error getting books information: Ongeldige parameter" (last bit means "invalid parameter").

No idea what I'm doing wrong. I only get to see 5 books on my ereader, even though there are loads more with notes.

Any help?

Edit: I also get the same error Toxaris posted above, even though I have the newest version. My file names do have numbers and '-' in them though, could that have something to do with it?
Michelleh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:03 AM   #38
Yoths
Enthusiast
Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Michelleh312
The error "Error getting books information: xyz" can occure while importing books data from the database and breaks the import process. That's why you dont' see all your books.

Without debuging, it's difficult to say what is going wrong in your case. Would it be possible for you to provide me with a ZIP of your READER drive? I'll treat it as strictly confidential, of course.
Yoths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #39
Michelleh312
Member Retired
Michelleh312 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-t1
Yoths

I took another look at it and reloaded all the books I had through Calibre. Now it seems to be working fine.. I'm keeping an eye on it though, I don't really understand what's different now from yesterday.

Thanks anyway!
Michelleh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #40
BHastings175
BHastings175 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Hi Yoths,

Thanks for the comment.

Just to clarify: on the PRS T1, you can make a bookmark and then write an annotation on that page (without an actual highlight). I could be wrong, but those don't appear to export to the HTML file.

Second, I would love a table format option, where rather than having author, title, etc. as a header to the annotations and highlight text, they were copied ad nauseum in a column to the right of the annotations/highlighted text. I tend to use my exports with a flashcard program that imports table fields, and I like to put a 'source' on my cards so I can find the info again. The flashcards are imported, and if the table automatically had document title, author (even date of annotation), it would make my life just a little less labour intensive.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to code that as I don't know how to code much af anything really.

Best,
BHastings175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #41
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur
ereaderundecided began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm not getting the full highlighted passage on my PRS T2 (DRM-free epub). Any suggestions`?
ereaderundecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:30 AM   #42
BHastings175
BHastings175 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderundecided View Post
I'm not getting the full highlighted passage on my PRS T2 (DRM-free epub). Any suggestions`?
If the PRS T2 is like my PRS T1, then the reader application on it doesn't save more than 200 characters. At this point, I believe the only option is to root your device (assuming PRS T2 can be safely rooted) and use a reader app that allows more than 200 characters to be saved.

If you don't mind getting some extra characters after the portion you want, set the expand limit on yoth's software higher.

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.
BHastings175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:33 AM   #43
Toxaris
Wizard

You can try extending the range. In the application you can also specify a number of characters before and after the selection. That should make it possible.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:02 AM   #44
Toxaris
Wizard

I have another error. See below:

The marked text is exported to the file, but not the text before and after it. If I unmark the option, I do not get these messages.

I looked at the code of the ePUB and found out that in this particular case there was this: random text</i> <i>marked text.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #45
Are
Are began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
It's a very-very cool program! Using it for export annotations from my E-book, but I have one trouble : (

I like write annotations through computer with oficial prog Reader for PC. (books in .epub). That increased my speed of typing : )

But export annotations by means Reader for PC not so comfortable for read.

And I tried write annotations on PC, then book with anntoations I add in my E-book and then I use Annotations Exporter from this topic. But...annotations not display. Only marked text.

screenshot

Help fix it, please! That prog help me and my friend discuss book through Internet.

P.S. sorry for my English.
Are is offline   Reply With Quote