Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Covers for Fanfiction Lovers

EDIT: When you haven't read the announcement then please read here before you start reading this post! Thank you

This was originally posted in the [GUI Plugin] Generate Cover - section. DoctorOhh nicely put my posts of Harry Potter covers in here, so all my covers are in one place. Just in case you wonder.

Hallo everyone,

I'm a little nerves to post this but I spent a lot of time these past weeks making covers for the fanfiction that I read and I'm still on it...takes forever! But I thought when I do all that work at least someone else besides my husband (and he even doesn't read fanfiction and has no interest in it in any way) should see them. I attached the zip-files for the 'custom cover plugin' and I used the 'Hogwarts Wizard font' that you may have to install first if you want the same look. You can find the font here.

Not: Some zip-files are in to forms, because I used the series output not like it was meant to be used. Because of a little space problem I put the title and series output in 1 line to have only 2 instead of 3 lines. Soooo, if you have a series column you will have to use the series zip-file and if you have no series column use the other zip-file.

And before you say something, please keep in mind that I never ever before even edited a picture. Yeah, you heard right. Just learning by doing this past few weeks.

Have fun,

MiniMouse

Note: Pleace handle with care. These are Fanfiction covers only and are in no way to be misconstrued with original and official bookcovers for any & all published books. No infringment towards copyright is intended. This is for private use only. Don't want to get in any trouble by the owners of the pictures, because I don't own them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Harry Potter 6.png
Views:	1469
Size:	607.6 KB
ID:	108087   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harry Potter 7.png
Views:	1316
Size:	629.0 KB
ID:	108088   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harry Potter 9.png
Views:	1321
Size:	566.7 KB
ID:	108090  

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-20-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Harry Potter FanFiction Covers - Part 2

And one more, if you like....

Mini Mouse
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Harry Potter 4.png
Views:	946
Size:	501.7 KB
ID:	108093  

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-20-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
MiniMouse
Groupie

Covers for Fanfiction Lovers

EDIT: When you haven't read the announcement then please read here before you start reading this post! Thank you

Hallo everyone,

just wanted to post some Hawaii Five-O covers (including zip-files for the 'Generate Cover - Plugin'). Just hope you like them and please when you have a better idea for a font let me know. I'm not sure myself if I'm happy with it. The used font is 'Vijaya' just in case you don't have it on your computer.

Note: Some zip-files are in two forms, because I used the series output not like it was meant to be used. Because of a little space problem I put the title and series output in 1 line to have only 2 instead of 3 lines. Soooo, if you have a series column you will have to use the series zip-file and if you have no series column use the other zip-file.

If you have some covers too, please share.

MiniMouse
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hawaii Five-O 17.png
Views:	841
Size:	613.5 KB
ID:	108097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawaii Five-O 5.png
Views:	810
Size:	546.9 KB
ID:	108099  

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-20-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
MiniMouse
Groupie

Hawaii Five-O - Drawings

When you're looking for cool drawings, then you probably should check Jess Vital and his side out here.

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-20-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #5
MiniMouse
Groupie

Hawaii Five-O Cover update

Hallo everyone,

some more covers.

MiniMouse
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hawaii Five-O 15.png
Views:	772
Size:	623.2 KB
ID:	108110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawaii Five-O 21.png
Views:	843
Size:	619.7 KB
ID:	108113  

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-20-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
MiniMouse
Groupie

Supernatural Fanfiction Covers

Hallo everyone,

Supernatural Covers comming up. I used the 'Supernatural Knight font' that you may have to install first if you want the same look. You can find the font here. As always all pictures I high quality and ready to use with the 'Generate Cover - Plugin'.

Note: Some zip-files are in two forms, because I used the series output not like it was meant to be used. Because of a little space problem I put the title and series output in 1 line to have only 2 instead of 3 lines. Soooo, if you have a series column you will have to use the series zip-file and if you have no series column use the other zip-file.

MiniMouse
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Supernatural 1.png
Views:	748
Size:	634.2 KB
ID:	108116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Supernatural 3.png
Views:	775
Size:	565.9 KB
ID:	108117   Click image for larger version

Name:	Supernatural 8.png
Views:	739
Size:	628.7 KB
ID:	108121  

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-20-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
MiniMouse
Groupie

Supernatural - Drawings

...and like for Hawaii Five-O I found some wonderful drawings that you could check out here and here.

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-20-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #8
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Has anyone done any of these for Teen Wolf by any chance? This is so awesome, I kind of want to promote the idea in multiple fandoms.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #9
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
These look awesome! So professional. I'd never even heard of this plugin, but now I'm dying to try it!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #10
MiniMouse
Groupie

FanFiction lovers have to stick together

Hi people,

thanks for the reply. I'm happy you like the covers. Some of them took a lot of work. You know getting rid of text and logos you don't want in your cover or when the picture isn't the right format and you have to extend it. Specialy when you just learn to use all the needed programs. I'm totaly new to all this but I'm kind of a perfectionist (okay at least that is my thought, grafik-professionals might see my covers differently).

I'm also totaly new to this forum stuff, so please when there are other places or people who might be interested in this kind of stuff let me know or post the link to this side. I would love to find other people who made Fanfiction covers and put them up somewhere.

I'm also thinking about making some Teen Wolf covers. Not the first time I heard someone asking for that. I'm not watching nor reading this so it would be only 1 or 2.

MiniMouse

Last edited by MiniMouse; 07-11-2013 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Added URLs to posts referenced
Old 07-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #11
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Wonderful! I'd love to see covers for White Collar or DCU comics (but I know comics would be a lot more problematic). I may play around with it myself to see what I can come up with.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Here are some other posts containing covers from the Generate Cover plugin thread.

Roswell & Firefly covers
SF pulp short story covers
Generic Covers for Fanfic Sites & some links to unique fonts
Buffy & Angel covers
Generic set of covers based on semi-transparent textures
90210, Angel, Bones, Buffy, Dawson's Creek, Doogie Howser, M.D., Gilmore Girls, 21 Jump Street
Kyle XY, The Lone Gunmen, MacGyver, la femme Nikita, Queer as Folk, Roswell, Sherlock, Smallville, Supernatural
White Collar, The X Files

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-11-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #13
MiniMouse
Groupie

Teen Wolf FanFiction Covers

You asked for it - now you get some

Please keep in mind that I don't watch nor read this TV Show, so I don't know who is important, which one I would like and even what kind of font I would prefer. AND personally I only like cover 2 and 5, maybe 4. Didn't find so much good stuff without spending a lot of time with the covers but I hope you like them anyway.

I used 'impact' as the font - feel free to change.

MiniMouse
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Teen Wolf 1.png
Views:	801
Size:	428.4 KB
ID:	108126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Teen Wolf 2.png
Views:	726
Size:	479.7 KB
ID:	108127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Teen Wolf 3.png
Views:	738
Size:	346.1 KB
ID:	108128   Click image for larger version

Name:	Teen Wolf 4.png
Views:	806
Size:	475.8 KB
ID:	108129   Click image for larger version

Name:	Teen Wolf 5.png
Views:	778
Size:	570.3 KB
ID:	108130  

Last edited by MiniMouse; 07-12-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #14
MiniMouse
Groupie

White Collar Fanfiction Covers

..for that series I found much better pictures to use for covers. I may even start watching it.

Font is 'Arial' - feel free to change.

MiniMouse
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	White Collar 2.png
Views:	692
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	108132   Click image for larger version

Name:	White Collar 3.png
Views:	724
Size:	491.2 KB
ID:	108133   Click image for larger version

Name:	White Collar 4.png
Views:	728
Size:	475.7 KB
ID:	108134  

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-20-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #15
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
Thanks, was just wishing for some Hawaii Five-O covers. Got any Star Trek?
Closed Thread