Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-30-2008, 02:20 AM   #1
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Back in anxious wait land

Ordered a Cybook on Friday. After my experiences with irex I was considering avoiding e books but I now have quite a lot of books in mobipocket format, some of which I have never even read.

I have been driven back to e ink devices by the poor local book stores, high prices and the preference I quickly developed for the convenience of readers. On the convenience side I loved the ability to store books on a computer or external hard drive and quickly and easily sort and find what you are looking for. Never realised how much I enjoyed that till it was taken away.

Anyway it is now back to the meditation thread.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:56 AM   #2
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Hehehe ... I remember 'wait land' very well and am hoping I don't have to do it again myself for a long while!!

You got one at the same time as me I think for your wife? .. back in Oct last year ..

Anyways .. I'm loving my Cybook and reading more than ever .. I totally agree about the price of 'real' books .. Fictionwise is awesome .. I can get books at US prices even tho I'm in the UK ..

Read read and read again!

All the best with the 'waiting patiently'!

Loopy (Gill)
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You got a real good memory. My wife broke her screen. Now she needs to get that replaced and she is too busy to do it. I will get on to it this week. I think the Gen3 will suit me better anyway. As Harry said in some thread or other, the Mobipocket implementation on the Gen3 is better then on the iliad.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:57 PM   #4
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
The screen is certainly a 'weak spot' .. I've had to be soooo careful with mine, especially as I have a 4 year old and 7 year old running around the place a lot of the time! ..

Hubby broke the screen on his iLiad and it cost only $40 less to replace than it costs for the whole Cybook!

Hope you're able to get a new screen without too much hassle ..

I emailed Bookeen support last week and had no reply at all .. it doesn't matter this time as the issue sorted itself but I'm dreading the time I actually do need to be able to contact them and get a reply!!

Loopy (Gill)
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:51 AM   #5
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen

So what you are saying is getting my wifes screen repaired could be fun? Bit like the iliad really. It went belly up and was apparently repaired under warranty. I wouldn't know as I have never seen it again. The emoticon refers to the service I received.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
I wouldn't know as I have never seen it again. The emoticon refers to the service I received.
But, see it's not broken any more, now is it. Sort of like Schrodinger's Cat.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #7
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen

I guess my iliad going quantum is a lot better than me going ballistic.

Actually I really liked the device and it is kind of comforting to think of it in a state of quantum indeterminability. I suspect my understanding of things quantum is fundamentally flawed but hey, if it helps who is to say it is not at least helpful. A little like a theory really.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:19 AM   #8
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen

Received shipping confirmation yesterday. Should not be long and I have started hanging out at Books On Board and fictionwise. I still have about 10 books that I bought before my iliad went awol as well. Local bookstores are dead useless and Amazon will no longer ship via South African post office due to theft. Soon be reading again.