Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
baymktg
baymktg began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Calibre Problem

I can't open Calibre. An error message comes up saying:
"Python function terminated unexpectedly. Cannot import name Qvariant (error message)"

This started after downloading the last update which I removed but I still can't open. Any suggestions?

Mike
baymktg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Which version? There's a brand new one out: Version: 0.8.45. With the last version (0.8.44), I got a python loading error the first time I ran it, but after closing it (including from the tray at bottom), it seemed to run fine.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
baymktg

I don't remember which was the update and I can't open Calibre to see which one. Is my entire library of books now worthless as I nnow do not have access to them?
Old 04-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
uninstall calibre, delete c:\program files\calibre2, re-install calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
baymktg

Thanks, worked like a champ.

Mike