Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Rinaldo
Rinaldo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Pop3 Email

Hello. My email providor is RCN which uses POP3 system. I have been receiving my email on my PC and now I have also set-up email (for POP3) on my Kindle Fire. I have no problem receiving emails on either my PC or Fire. However, emails are disappearing from the Fire and they are not in the delete folder. I think that whenever I load emails on the PC, emails that were previously loaded on the Fire are deleted. (All of the emails that have disappeared from the Fire are nevertheless on the PC.) Does anyone know what the problem is and how can I ensure that any emails I load on the Fire stay on the Fire? Thank you.
Rinaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinaldo View Post
Hello. My email providor is RCN which uses POP3 system. I have been receiving my email on my PC and now I have also set-up email (for POP3) on my Kindle Fire. I have no problem receiving emails on either my PC or Fire. However, emails are disappearing from the Fire and they are not in the delete folder. I think that whenever I load emails on the PC, emails that were previously loaded on the Fire are deleted. (All of the emails that have disappeared from the Fire are nevertheless on the PC.) Does anyone know what the problem is and how can I ensure that any emails I load on the Fire stay on the Fire? Thank you.
Check that "delete from server" is NOT enabled on your Fire or your PC. Go into settings for incoming mail to find the setting.
That's one possibility.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Rinaldo
Rinaldo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Thanks

Thanks Hope. I did as you suggested and I alson changed similar Outlook settings on my PC and laptop and that seems to have solved the problem.
Rinaldo is offline   Reply With Quote