Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Use Calibre to get rid of "real" page information

I bought a book from the Amazon store that apparently had page information. I then liberated the book and changed the formatting to what I like. Is it possible to use Calibre to remove the page information that came with the book on Amazon? I don't like that information showing up on my Kindle when I press the menu button.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Solved. Solution in this thread.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunixer View Post
I bought a book from the Amazon store that apparently had page information. I then liberated the book and changed the formatting to what I like. Is it possible to use Calibre to remove the page information that came with the book on Amazon? I don't like that information showing up on my Kindle when I press the menu button.
The book's corresponding .apnx file contains the paging information. If it is deleted, that should solve your issue.

Edit: Glad you found your answer.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote