Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #31
MichaelFStewart
Where tech and story meet
MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Anthology Spotlight

Drollerie has a number of really cool anthologies. With Halloween fast approaching it only seems appropriate that I spotlight the one dedication to monsters: BUMP IN THE NIGHT.

You can pick up here for $1.99 (regularly $12.95) – did I mention this is a MEGA sale?

http://drolleriepress.com/books/inde...products_id=81

Vampires, Zombies, Ghosts, and Other Things That Go Bump in the Night is a collection of stories about monsters. Each section is dedicated to a particular monster, and ends with a Tim Mulcahy short story set in the world of Paul Altimari, a former cop who finds himself in a truly bizarre situation. Every time it gets a little weirder.

The characters in these stories are normal people-children and adult-but the monsters aren't always who they seem.

Soliel Noir of Beyond The Invisible posted her review:

“Drollerie Press has made me a happy happy girl. As they are prone to do with their delightful tales of Transformation and Myth. As luck and tremendous generosity would have it, I got Bump In The Night a lot quicker than I thought I would. It is my favorite Anthology thus far and I hope that Drollerie will produce more Dark fantasy Anthos in the future.
MichaelFStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #32
MichaelFStewart
MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not around much this weekend but still wanted to post. There are so many awesome titles at Drollerie - and I may not have mentioned that some of them are available in Audible too.

To round out the genres a bit I've selected one from Drollerie's Scifi imprint. 'Alien Dreams' is one of its cool titles with a romantic twist and only $1.99:

Get it here: http://drolleriepress.com/books/inde...5s8eqe815hcnh4

Here’s the blurb:

Captain Eric Latimore leads a four-person crew to Lagos to investigate a previous team's mysterious disappearance. Once there, he discovers that an ominous alien presence is invading their dreams. Each member of his crew has the same dream--huge, seductively beautiful "angels" speak to them telepathically.

The creatures strand his crew on the planet and only Latimore can free them--if he survives.

Here’s what one reviewer said:

“. . .John B. Rosenman weaves an intricate plot and a most exciting tale with mind-stretching concepts that make us look at the universe in a new way.”
Berry’s Reviews
Old 10-12-2009, 08:20 AM   #33
MichaelFStewart

FAERIE BLOOD is a popular urban fantasy at Drollerie, except no vampires or werewolves in this world, now it’s time for faeries and trolls. Angela should know how to write about one, I hear she’s got some fey blood of her own...

You can buy it here for just $1.99:

http://drolleriepress.com/books/

Here’s the synopsis:

Kendis Thompson is an average, ordinary software tester in Seattle. She has great friends, great housemates, a cat she loves, and her beloved violin. The aunt who raised her lives nearby and is always ready to share her love and comfort.

Then one day, Kendis goes biking and is attacked by a troll. In Seattle. A Real. Live. Troll. She fights back, but she's no match for a creature made mostly of stone. When she screams for help, it arrives in the form of Christopher MacSimidh, who gives the troll what for—until the troll gets the upper hand.

And then everything starts going wrong.

There are faerie in Seattle, and Kendis is a target. Her mother was a faerie princess and her father was human. She didn't know, since both died when she was a young child, but now her magic is starting to show up and both courts are determined to get something out of her. But what? and why?

With the help of her best friend, Jude; the Warder of Seattle, an old woman named Milly; her Aunt Aggie; and her new friend Christopher, Kendis is going to hold her own against both courts and all the trolls, sprites and assorted other creatures they can bring against her. Probably.

Though she didn't count on the fairy biker gang, or the elven Elvis impersonator.

Here’s what one reviewer thought:

Soleil Noir of Beyond the Invisible review:

“Kendis was an absolute riot! Her off beat commentary had me giggling straight through her narratives. I’ve got to hand it to Ms. Korra’ti for her handling of such quirky characters.”
Old 10-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #34
MichaelFStewart

Hands down the most reviewed of Drollerie books is a fantasy that I haven’t read but is sitting on my desktop in my TBR pile: SORROW.

Get it here for $1.99: http://drolleriepress.com/books/inde...co1vpova14f8k0

Here’s the blurb.

Return to Lawson’s world of Witch Ember with a new tale of darkness, intrigue, and violence. A tale of Sorrow.

A new killer stalks the palaces of the EroBernd Empire, striking down prominent members of the gentry and clergy, seemingly at will. No amount of security is an impediment, no number of bodyguards a deterrent. This killer enters unseen and departs untouched, leaving behind scenes of butchery and blood. Duke Valven of EroBernd decides to send his chief assassin, Count Hashii, to the boutique province of Vestiga to resolve the matter before it can cause any further embarrassment. Locals have already contrived a name for this assassin, based on descriptions from victims who lived long enough to tell the tale: a wraith of shadow–a countenance of immeasurable remorse–and eyes that wept black tears.

It is a contest of assassins. One discreet and renowned, an artist tempered by years of service–the other a savage neophyte, ephemeral and unstoppable–both ruthless and deadly. Can the infamous Lord Ash stop the bloodshed and discover the identity of the assassin known as Sorrow?

Here’s what the multitude of reviewers have said:

Kelly Jensen of SFCrowsnest.com: “This story, a fully fleshed and tightly plotted thriller dances between the questions of church, faith, magic, human relationships and darker desires.”

Anne K. Edwards of MysteryFiction.net:

“From the pen of talented author John Lawson comes Sorrow, something different in the world of fantasy that also includes murder and mystery.”

Things Mean A Lot Review:

… a very satisfying murder mystery that is also a sort of coming-of-age story set in a detailed dark fantasy world.”

Chris at Stuff As Dreams Are Made review:

“Sorrow is a new chapter in the Witch Ember series of books by John Lawson. It’s a dark tale, a magical tale, a treacherous and murderous tale and it’s everything that I love in a novel.”

Amberkatz review:

“With such detail and linguistic depth you really begin to feel like you are in another world. Fantasy is the main genre here but mystery is woven into this well written story. Another lovely addition to the Witch Ember Tales.”

Bethanie of Bethanie Brain Review”

“Definitely my kind of book. In fact, not only is Sorrow a serious contender for the Bethanie’s Favorite-Books-of-All-Time list, but it has also made the Yes-I-Want-A-Hard-Copy list, which is huge…”

Mayra Calvani of The Dark Phantom Review:

“I have many good things to say about this book. The author has created a very real, dark fantasy world and I was able to picture the setting vividly in my mind.”

J. Kaye’s Book Blog: 5 stars.

“SORROW is a great and thrilling read and I look forward to reading John Lawson’s next Witch Ember book, whatever that is. I hope he will tell us more about the rraakk!”

Kathy Martin of In the Library Reviews:

“Author John Lawson, has created a dark fantasy/mystery story that takes us deep into the world of court intrigues and fanatical reliefs. Magic is masterfully interweaved into this struggle. The characters, presentation, dialogue…all are superbly done.”

Stuart Carter of SF Site:

“And, not to give the game away too much, there is the expected Lawson grim twist — if you’ve read Witch Ember and The Raven you’ll know that this particular author likes to play with our expectations and the [...]”

Phew!

Get it, review it yourself!
Old 10-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #35
MichaelFStewart

I’m running out of time folks – three days and counting. These are for the most part full length novels, all beautifully crafted. All multiformat. All $1.99. Do I sound like an auctioneer? Going once, going twice! Sold to the lovely lady with the pet frog.

Today’s feature – UNSEELIE - A Fantasy

You can learn more about it here: http://drolleriepress.com/books/inde...8g3ci7qvenn121

Here’s the blurb.

When Alfhild was a little girl, her grandmother called her a fairy princess and told her all of her favorite tales.

She’d never imagined they were real.

Anxious to avoid the swarming reporters and ghoulish souvenir hunters who won’t leave her alone when her brother Gulliver is tried and acquitted for multiple murders he almost certainly committed, a grown up Alfhild changes her name to Lorelei and flees Louisiana to the sanctuary she inherited from her grandmother, the ancestral home in England.

All is well until she wakes one morning to find a naked man in her rosebush.

And the games begin . . .

Lorelei’s inauspicious introduction to Cadfael, the seductively beautiful Unseelie prince, does not prepare her for becoming a pawn between the ancient queens of the faerie courts, Iseult and Mabd. Her big mouth and smartass attitude turn tension into war between the faerie clans: the Seelie, hiding behind golden lies and their resplendent beauty; and the Unseelie, long considered the fearsome things that go bump in the night.

Her brother works for the Seelie queen. The man she loves is in line to inherit the Unseelie throne. And both of them are determined to have Lorelei on their side.

The real world thinks she's been murdered, her house has been turned into a crime scene, and there are creatures on both sides of the war who call her a traitor. She doesn't want to know what they do to traitors. Too bad the excitement didn't end at a naked man in her rosebush. Things are a lot weirder now.

Here’s what the reviewers say:

Lexie of Poisoned Rationality review:

“Overall I enjoyed Unseelie a lot. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fantasy read that’s both humorous but with dark touches or who found themselves wanting to know a little more about the creatures after reading other Fae related books.”

Cholla of The Long and the Short review:

“Faery tales and Celtic mythology have always been keen interests of mine and Meredith Holmes combines them both seamlessly in this one story. She does a great job of mixing the old world myths with a very contemporary heroine.”

Cherie of CheriePie’s Book Reviews

“Like me, you’re probably thinking, oh no, not another faerie book! Aren’t all these faerie realm books beginning to sound the same: young girl gets sucked into the realm, discovers her faerie prince, yada yada yada, and when all is said and done, lives”
Old 10-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #36
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFStewart View Post
Hi everyone, my publisher, Drollerie Press, is having a mega sale. All titles are $1.99, including 24 Bones. Available there in ePUB, PDF, Mobi, Sony, eReader.

If you can, please purchase direct from the website, but you'll be able to get it for Kindle or from Mobipocket as well.

Note: the Kindle pricing takes a little longer to work through the system.
Did any of the Kindle prices ever change? I've checked a few, but they seemed to still be at the pre-sale prices.

Also, what is the last day of the sale?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #37
MichaelFStewart

Hi, Karen, I haven't seen any of the Kindle prices change. My publisher uses Mobipocket to load its Amazon titles and Amazon doesn't appear to pass along sale prices. When asked Amazon gives its usual response - 'we reserve the right to set the price' - which is only their way of covering themselves.

Last day is Oct 17th.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #38
bluebells2
bluebells2 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Anthough I bought them

They downloaded to jibberish. Buyer beware. $20 down the drain.
bluebells2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #39
MichaelFStewart

Bluebells, so sorry to hear that. Please let me know which titles and what happened, and I'll contact the publisher and get the titles to you.

Were these downloads through Amazon? Or Drollerie. Drollerie is extremely responsive, so I encourage you to contact them. If it's through Amazon we can look into it there and in the meantime get you the mobi files which are uploadable to Kindle.

I find it quite upsetting because one of the things I love the most about Drollerie is its awesome formatting.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #40
MichaelFStewart

Ironically, the prices are beginning to change on Amazon and are reflected in a few titles. So this sale might continue longer than I thought!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #41
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
After seeing the comment by Bluebells above, I decided to try a free excerpt first before I bought anything. I had the exact same problem - it was gibberish on my Kindle. I downloaded the prc version and I've never had a problem with it before.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #42
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Ah, now I see the problem. I first used Safari to download the .prc file and it came out gibberish. However, when I used Firefox it worked just fine. I've had this problem before so I should have known better.

For all of you Mac users out there, always use Firefox to download .prc files. Some sites do work with Safari, but I've found that the smaller ones usually don't.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:56 AM   #43
MichaelFStewart

Thanks worktolive - that's good to know that it's not a Drollerie issue. And I believe Bluebells has had her problems solved too - but she can comment on that if she likes.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:03 AM   #44
MichaelFStewart

Last day of $1.99 Fantasy, Thriller, Mystery, Mayhem, Blood, Lust, and happiness

It IS the last day of the Drollerie Mega sale, so if you haven't yet sampled or bought any work this is your last chance! The prices have already changed at the publisher website, but they can be bought via Mobipocket.

Multiformat, full length, awesome novels.

And don't forget to check out 24 Bones, the book bestselling author Nate Kenyon called "Terrific!...a must read."

Check it out here:

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...?BookID=179573

Thanks to everyone for their support!
Old 10-17-2009, 08:15 AM   #45
bluebells2
bluebells2 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
All Fixed!

All fixed and they were very responsive.
bluebells2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.99 novels, 24 bones, drollerie, ebook, michael f stewart, supernatural thriller, urban fantasy