Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
themikeyt
themikeyt is a glorious beacon of lightthemikeyt is a glorious beacon of lightthemikeyt is a glorious beacon of lightthemikeyt is a glorious beacon of lightthemikeyt is a glorious beacon of lightthemikeyt is a glorious beacon of lightthemikeyt is a glorious beacon of lightthemikeyt is a glorious beacon of lightthemikeyt is a glorious beacon of lightthemikeyt is a glorious beacon of lightthemikeyt is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch
Aura HD side loading of Epub.

So, many moons ago, when I had my first Kobo, side loading books caused it to become very unstable.

Basically, it'd crashed and reset.

I now have the HD, and I came across a few Epubs (Black Library) that I'd like to side load. Any reported problems with this?

Become more stable? thoughts?

Thanks everyone.

Mikey
themikeyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Looking at my Glo, I have 66 books from Kobo and 537 sideloaded. At least 500 of those will be epubs. The Glo uses exactly the same firmware as the Aura HD. The only issues you will have is if there are errors in the books you are sideloading. And at the moment, I think that will cause the books not to be loaded into the library rather than crashing the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
I have 4808 side loaded epub on my Aura HD. No issues on any of them currently. all appear to work as expected. howeve it will be a number of years b4 I am able to state if they work 100 percent!

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
I have 4808 side loaded epub on my Aura HD. No issues on any of them currently. all appear to work as expected. howeve it will be a number of years b4 I am able to state if they work 100 percent!

Regards

Jack
Jack, hopefully I'll be around when you do. Let me know, okay!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #5
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
As others have reported, it works just fine.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2013, 05:56 AM   #6
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
+1 for just fine.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
+1 for just fine.
And one more.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by themikeyt View Post
So, many moons ago, when I had my first Kobo, side loading books caused it to become very unstable.

Basically, it'd crashed and reset.

I now have the HD, and I came across a few Epubs (Black Library) that I'd like to side load. Any reported problems with this?

Become more stable? thoughts?
I've got close to 2000 sideloaded epubs on my Aura HD and no stability issues. One caveat is to use either the Kobo reader or Calibre to delete books. Otherwise, the book's data is not removed from the database and the results can get "interesting".

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #9
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
The only kind of books I have on my Aura HD are sideloaded epubs. So far I haven't encountered any issues.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote