Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
weeziepepper
Enthusiast
weeziepepper began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise-1150, Astak Pocket Pro
Having trouble with html files for Astak Pocket Pro

Hi everyone.
I have several html ebooks I purchased online. I originally tried Calibre to convert from html to either epub or pdf. When I start to convert the only input option available is "zip" (not "html"). Then after converting and downloading to ADE it either errors out or the page format is totally messed up. I tried converting to both epub and pdf.
I also tried downloading the ebook straight to my Pocket Pro but it only transferred part of the ebook (started at chapter 5), plus the formatting was way off as well.

First, why does Calibre think it is a "zip" file? The ebook shows as a html file on my computer and that is how I bought it. I don't understand why it would be considered "zipped".

How can I download my html ebooks so they can be read on my Pocket Pro? I'm ok if pics and graphics can't convert as long as I can read the book.

Thanks.

Weezie
weeziepepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Try it as zipped.

Calibre zips all files associated with an HTML book, so that the folder structure is neat, and no files are overwritten.

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 01:06 AM   #3
weeziepepper
Enthusiast
weeziepepper began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise-1150, Astak Pocket Pro
Thanks for the advice. I was finally able to convert all but one of my html files. I just used zip for input and epub for output. The one that won't convert correctly must be messed up or something so I won't worry about it.
weeziepepper is offline   Reply With Quote